Exciter circuit

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephenGiles

aphexB_grey16.gif

Got the right one now!

Michael - now that I seem to have got my laptop back to a semblance of order after this afternoon's problems, and I can relax with Bob Harris's show, I'll get my drawing of the Eventide Instant Phaser up on a separate thread!
Stephen

I've uploaded a manual for the Aphex II - including schematics - to the Gyraf/Resources page:

http://www.gyraf.dk/schematics/schematics.html

Jakob E.

It was in the 80'es, but else pretty correct. They didn't sell their early boxes, but leased them on a session basis.

Rumour says that this whole concept came from a wrongly-assembled tube HiFi amplifier.

The same was true of the first digital reverb, if you can imagine that. In the late seventies companies that owned EMT 250s would rent them on an hourly basis for sessions.

Yes, buth with the aphex, leasing was the ONLY way to use one. You couldn't own one for the first several years. They were apparently too afraid someone would reverse-engineer it... :razz:

Not that this has anything to do with anything, but I think TO DATE panavision has never sold a camera. Available for lease only...

If the demand is there, thats gotta be one of the greatest business plans ever. I think when I clone myself and make the clone available for session work, he'll only be available on a rental basis as well...

dave

[quote author="soundguy"] I think when I clone myself and make the clone available for session work, he'll only be available on a rental basis as well...[/quote]
:cool:
but Dave ....
wot kind of session did you have in mind ... :wink:

:green: :green: :green:
lol

sorry Dave :roll:

lol
I think I just pee'd my pants :shock: as I get older I have to be careful when I laugh.
Pete that was so f'n funny.
I think I'll be amused with that all day now ...

shit, as a freelance engineer, Im already RENTBOY!~

the plan is to make the clone Dave so I can be sittingonabeachinparadisewithgoodmexicantequilaboy while the clone goes and earns a living and garnishes the street cred for me to score with the hot chicks who are easily impressed with rock and roll scum in paradise.

Sammy Hagar, in many ways, had the right idea. And the tequila isnt even that bad either.

dave

It's an OTA, operational transconductance amplifier.

Poor man's VCA - an upgraded version of the LM13600.

Shove the same signal into signal input and control inputs, and it acts like sort of a ring modulator frequency doubler (generating second harmonics)

Jakob E.

Back