gear p0rn no. 5 - n-e-v-e 33 6 0 9

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matthias

some fresh shots for you collection...

:wink:

33609-02.jpg

33609-03b.jpg

33609-04-b.jpg

33609-05.jpg

cheers,
mat

Whats that transformer looking thingie to the left of the Beclere input trafos - are these some sort of small amp blocks?

Are those purple caps - Dubliers?

UK!
it's a BA640 to the right of the Beleclere's ( IC based BA440 ) A very nice amp, if you change the IC to an OP604 it can handle 48VDC = around +32dB together with a LO2567.

The purple caps are stated as sprague 509DSA4 in the manual, 470u 6,3v

It would be nice if you could get some DC resistance readings of the belclere trafos. I guess OEP should have some matching models. An all OEP 33609 clone would be awesome... And cheap!

Anyone still have these pics on their drive and willing to share? If so PM me. In the planning stages and hoping to avoid to go as much Marinair as possible....

Cheers,

J

Sorry - do you want piccies of the Belceres?
If so they look exactly the same as OEPs

Thanks for the pics. I love these comps. Run some overheads through and barely get the needle to move... SEXY.

[quote author="CJ"]Or saw. Or torch. Or hammer. Or knife. :razz:[/quote]

Teeth?

Thanks Mat!

Sorry - do you want piccies of the Belceres?
If so they look exactly the same as OEPs

Nope- I think these should do thanks! How much do you all think that buffering transformer affects the sound of the comp?

Cheers,

J

[quote author="MikoKensington"]Thanks for the pics. I love these comps. Run some overheads through and barely get the needle to move... SEXY.

[quote author="CJ"]Or saw. Or torch. Or hammer. Or knife. :razz:[/quote]

Teeth?[/quote]

M-80?

How much do you all think that buffering transformer affects the sound of the comp?

As the 33609 has much charachter even with the limiter / compressor switched out so much of the sound is from the transformers.

As the 33609 has much charachter even with the limiter / compressor switched out so much of the sound is from the transformers.

I figured as much- over on the Aurora forums Mr Tanner was saying that he felt the transformers affected the sound way more than the difference between the 440/640. I doubt I'll be coming across any 10468s, so it looks like I'll be going after a repro. I assume the things that make a 10468 a good mic input transformer will also make a good buffering transformer (in terms of JLM/Sowter/OEP etc)?

Thanks,

J

Back