gear p0rn no. 7 - emp1r1cal l@bs FATS0

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matthias

some fresh shots for you collection...

:wink:

fatso1.JPG

fatso2.JPG

fatso3.JPG

cheers,
mat

hey matthias

Nice pics. :grin:
What are those metal cubes. I supose some kind of small transformers. How many pins?

chrissugar

They rubb off all the numbers from the ICs in all their products. It is not a novelty.

chrissugar

[quote author="AMZ-FX"]Hey! Somebody rubbed off all the numbers on those ICs! You better take that one back.... [/quote]

Hahaha....

You can usually still read them if you look very very carefully.

I remember the same thing being done to the ICs in my old Tubescreamer - not hard to guess which ICs were in it though.

This is a big circuit - I don't think I'd fancy DIYing one of those. Maybe there is a large control section or something though. I am not that familiar with the unit.

[quote author="rodabod"]You can usually still read them if you look very very carefully.[/quote]

Yep. Often by wiping your fingertip across the top of the IC the moisture in your sweat "liberates" the number...

If not, it's time to look for PSU pins and common configurations...

Mark

[quote author="clintrubber"]
At least they didn't do this to it:
Is this an overexpensive box just trying to hide it's nothing more than a tubescreamer-variation perhaps ? [/quote]
Big Muff variation....

Putting all that stuff on it just makes some rogue want to do this:

fuzz35.jpg

:wink: -Jack

It is some kind of epoxy material.... very hard. I softened it up with some heavy-duty paint stripper and then slowly chipped it off with a dental pick. A bit of hot air from a heat gun helped too.

regards, Jack

My buddy used to work for St@ndel amps they would epoxy the entire PCB of their amps. The goop would harden and if you tried to remove it you would probably crack the PCB and componants. I guess when there are companies like Mes@ B00gie out there you need to protect your amp designs.

Back