Junkyard Gems

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrmintz

I've posted some of these before at the old place, but I got some new ones today so I thought I'd post them again. Anybody familiar with any of this stuff? Anybody else have good junkyard finds?

:guinness:

Trafos1.JPG

Trafos2.JPG

Trafos3.JPG

Trafos4.JPG

That's right - you have a good memory. It was mine. I love to see those transformer guts.

:green:

:guinness: :sam:

God al Mighty!
You really know how to hurt a guy.
That stuff is awesome. Looks like crap, sounds fantastic.
Don't tell anyone!
We don't want the evilbay prices to get jacked up!

Non grain Nickel in those pups.
Impossible to get nowdays.
More turns since less perm.

With weird lam and coil structure.
I have some pics around here somewhere.

:sam: :guinness:

[quote author="cjenrick"]We don't want the evilbay prices to get jacked up![/quote]
Aren't they expensive already? They have Western Electric written on them...

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

CJ, could you repost those pics if you find them?

Does anyone know what the filters are for? I haven't had a chance to try them out, but I'm wondering what their intended use is.

Also, in the top pic you can see there are two different ones with exactly the same specs 200+600:16,000. One is made by Nytronics, the other by WE, the same size, and the WE is twice as heavy. What do you suppose that's about?

:guinness: :sam:

Hi jrmintz,

Nice find there...I have never really had any luck with finding anything..Hmmm..oh..well..it´ll come around sometime I hope..

But Keith (SSL-Tech)...has the NO-1 major find..I still losse sleep at night just thinkin about it..I cant belive he found those U-67´s...I mean I´m not sure if it qualifies as "junkyard finds", but it just over rulllllls everything I ever head of...bastard he is.. :wink: ...

U-67....U-67.....U-67.....cant sleep...I gotta...have me some of those...I...mean...!!! U-67...hmpf...hmmm..love ém...glubre...ding-dong...here we go...again...Keith you...you...you...!!!

Kind regards

Peter

Latest posts

Back