C800G

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gus

I posted at TT just before I went for crown work on a tooth. When I got back all hell had broke lose no TT and no answer to my question.

Does anyone have the voltages for the real Sony C800G?

Do we want to repost all the info from memory Or?

Thanks for "the lab"

Gus

Did I never send that info to you? I have a schematic with voltages marked.

I'm emailing it to you now (I think I have your email address already).

Peace,

Joel

I have six pages of the "microphone news" thread.

Including all the info on running heaters cooler.

Let me know if you want me to put it online.

Gus, do you have another email address? The hotmail one gets a delivery failure notice.

I sent it to Rafa. Maybe he can forward it to you??

Peace,

Joel

.... for the record, here is Gus's schematic:

GusC800schem.gif

z50

I think hotmail has a 1meg limit.
The schematic has changed a little. I am going to try to make time to write some stuff up and draw a new schematic. FWIW I hand draw the schematics I believe this makes it harded for people to change it or use it as there own.

Gus

Thanks! Very useful information. 47V on the capsule. I think we had assumed it would be closer to 60V.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to scan a newer drawing. The cool thing is that I used 4, 75V zeners in the PS to limit the peak Voltage to 300VDC.

Three will give about 225 VDC. If I was to build it again I would use a LM317 with a pot to adjust the fil voltage. I did add .022F super caps to my PS for fil and it helped.

Looks like its time to change some parts and that some more IR pictures.

Gus

Thanks Raf! I'm wanting to make something more serious after moding the royer mod with mxl mics. I have a nice M7 capsule who needs a home...

Gus,
I got your message but no attachment - please send it again and I'll it posted tonight.
Stewart

mouser 504-pa-5r0v224 .22F 5Vdc powerstor supercap page 444 of new cat #618. Also has UF400Xs

Digikey has 3 watt 5% metal films page 909 of new cat #T042. Phoenix 5093nw

page 781 supercaps 283-2515-nd .22f at 5Vdc

pansonic on page 782 double layer NF series Gold Caps p6952-nd.

Back