Help finding pushbutton switches

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Family Hoof

I've just spent the better part of 4 hours trying to find this particular style of push button switch and decided it was time to give up and ask you all.

You've seen them in a lot of classic gear, before LED illuminated buttons became prevelent. Clear, cylindrical buttons that flip up (or open up to) a solid colored plastic disc when depressed. Here's an example that comes to mind immediately - the controller for a Studer A80.

I know they are still available because B*rent Ave*rill uses them here and here. The questions is, short of asking Brent, where can I find them?

Any help appreciated! Thanks!

Yeah, the E-Switch pushbuttons from Digikey are what you want. The ones with brackets for chassis mounting are no longer stocked, though. I'm glad I bought several of them for my mixer project while they were still available.

So it seems that Schadow Switches is now ITT/Cannon. The F series looks good and I found them in a number of catalogs, but no sign of the caps or mounting brackets. E-switch discontinued the smaller series with the brackets (only power ones available to fit caps), but Digikey still stocks the caps and I'm pretty sure they'll fit on the ITT F series. Really wish I could find some brackets!

Back