test green pre vs m-audio octane vs motu 828's preamps

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricothetroll

here is the test page i promised:

http://chivan.beplaced.com/Tests_Preamps.htm

it's in french but i will translate it when i'll have more time... for the moment you can download the files in the end of the page.

:cool:

????

i tried the link, this has nothing to do with my page... :?:

maybe they have canceled my account r so what... i tried this morning and it was the good thing....

i'll put it elsewhere a soon as possible!!

Thanks.

I have started using headphones after realising that my left speaker produces more bass because its bass port is in a corner! I will need to fix that.

This is my opinion.

I thought the Octane sounded quite soft and didn't really sparkle in the top-end. But I quite liked this. Good.

I thought the Green Pre sounded very accurate and you could hear the strings better. It was more open and had a clear high-end. Good.

I thought the 828 had a hard sound in the mid-range. Other than that, it didn't really do anything especially well. Ok-ish.

Thanks for the files, ricotheroll.

I agree with rodabod: the green pre sounds the most detailed. The octane has more bottom end. Motu is a little lifeless and flat, but still okay.

The octane has INA163 mic preamps and otherwise mostly NE5532 opamps. I found it very usable and very good for the price. Its converters are pretty decent, too. The octane might have sounded better through its own converters.

Latest posts

Back