Source of 4u7 250V poly caps in AUST.?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or some motor starter caps at the junk yard, oil in the silver can. Very big but sound good and cheap. Don't get the PCB versions! Look for leaks.

Ok, RS are out of stock on these and I dont want to wait 2 weeks for them. They are the only things holding back completion of the G9...

So...I noticed Kev has obviously found these somewhere as I saw picks of his G9 a while ago somewhere. Looked like he might have used greencaps? Anyway, someone else MUST have these in Australia. I have searched high and low...

Any australian builders out there that can help me out ?? Would be much appreciated !! :grin:

alo dufo
if it would not take that long,i`d send you the caps myself,because there`s lots of those in portugal.
if you want, tell me.
best regards
pedro

Thanks Pedro, I appreciate that mate.

Yeah, you would think it would be a very common value/voltage, but I just dont know what gives. Hopefully someone round here in Oz will have a answer...

And if not, I may well take you up on your offer ! :grin:

Farnell has two types that should work also: 400-2179 and 966-393. RS may have other suitable types also. Just look for 4µ7/250V caps, and check the size to make sure it will fit the PCB. 191-2926 looks like a candidate.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

Thanx Mikkel!

Only 966-393 shows up at farnell Australia. This has lead pitch of 22.5, I need 27.5, but I may just get this one and stretch the legs a little. Thanks again. :grin:

Latest posts

Back