reconnecting a jazz bass pickup on its coil

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricothetroll

i've got a jazz bass pickup that's like this:

http://insidecircus.free.fr/micro_jb.jpg

how can i reconnect it? i really don't understand where these 2 wires were connected! :shock:

There should be two pieces of the enameled wire coming off the bobbin. If you don't see them, there's not much you can do.

What exactly do you mean?

Has the pickup coil disconnected from the two wires?

Or do you not know how to connect it back onto your bass guitar?

Ahhh.

You mean the coil wire has disconnected from the two connecting wires then.

I had the same problem when I broke a coil on a strat pickup when removing the cover.

I looked very very carefully for the broken end of the coil and reconnected it by soldering it together very carefully. I then coated the join in candle wax using a soldering iron. Worked perfectly.

pickup.jpg

yes the coil has been disconnected fom the 2 wires. do you mean the 2 wires was soldered on the ultra-thin wire of the coil? :shock:

Yes, the coil needs to be connected to each wire!

Have a close look at Miko's picture..... Can you see the very thin wires connecting to the big ones?

You need to be very careful when unwinding the coil to get more length.

allright, i did it! it works! :grin: :grin: :grin: it wasn't easy to solder the thin copper wires but in the end i succeeded!

thanx a lot to both of you :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I was once on a gig where a rather well known baritone sax player leaned over to me just before his solo and said, "Hey man, stay out of my register!"

:shock:

Back