can I use Beh@ringer Cybermix to run Sony MXP fader vca's?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strangeandbouncy

Let me try to explain . . . . .

At work we have a gorgeous, but ancient SSL4000E, only 32 channels, and E series computer, complete with 5 1/4" diskdrive. This will not run automation without tach, and at the mo they cannot afford to upgrade to G series computer(which will run from smpte alone). Due to the small size of the SSL, I use my sony MXP2000 10 channel broadcast desk as a sub-mixer. Now this puupy has dbx2151's as fader vca's, which are linkable to 2 vca groups, or 4 different compressor "busses" which link selected channels to a sidechain, v savage but v useful! Sound stageringly good, imho, and not at all "vca-like". Now I notice from the schemo that each vca also has an "automation" port as well, accesible via a D25 connector round the back. I generally don't use much automation, normally riding tracks in Logic/Protools. I would love to be able to ride just a few channels AFTER the channel/comp/eq, and was just wondering if there is any way i can adapt a Behringer Cybermix to perform this function on the vca's in my sub-mixer, seeing as how they have automation "ports" for want of a better word. Is the Cybermix total dog-shite? i accept that, just as with a compressor, the vca will only work as well as it's sidechain circuitry, but it would be such a simple solution if it could be implemented . . . .

Maybe I'm onto something, or maybe it's just the beer working . . . .

Any thought will be most greatfully recieved!

All the best,

ANdyP[/i]

Latest posts

Back