Rhode und Schwarz Tube Mic incl. Pics & Schematic (new)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like it'd be fun to perform surgery on this thingie... If I was you I'd go get UGLY's reference book and a nice small box for your PSU and play 'operation.' Yes, transplanting all the parts without that voltage lighting up your nose just like in the game.

Maybe this was a trend for a while in microphones - - -

I have one of Billy Cobham's old drum mics...

Anyone hear of 'Vega?'

Single RCA Nuvistor as a cathode follower in the mic body. The UTC O.P. xformer is indeed in the PSU case.

The PSU is really simple too -- - unregulated with some pretty beefy filter caps. Heck, the mains side isn't even grounded. Yet.

There is some kind of resistor network in there to change the OP impedance which I haven't investigated yet...

Thank you for the schematic....

It looks like you have just a mic and a tube huh. Then you have to worry about:

Tube PSU... Usually 100-300V (B+) with a @6-6.6V tap for the heater. I'm guessing more like [less than] 100V since the polarization of the capsule seems to be tapped from the B+.

A high voltage cable and connectors so you can send your B+ & ground and your heater V+ and ground to the mic.

A way to mount a step-down transformer on to your mic body or in your PSU.

Sorry the forum is in another 'Debug Mode' and I can't edit...

Look up the Royer Mod and look under the microphone meta for tube mics.

Misunderstood the connector for a second - - Usually the mic voltage is tapped from B+ though a voltage divider, but I can't find it on your schemo... :guinness: :sam: :guinness:

Latest posts

Back