j meek/797 Jm47 mic?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hodad

Have any of the resident mic modders had a look at this one? Boards are numbered CR200 A & B, if that rings a bell with anybody. I've only just glanced inside it & haven't tried to analyze the circuit yet, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience modding these.

Thanks
Tom

If I recall correctly, the Meek mics are manufactured by Fielo, not 797, which probably puts them into the same category for modding as the MXL mics, etc.

:cool:

I don't know if JM changed mfrs. in midstream, but these pcb's say "797 Audio" right on 'em.

I guess it could depend on the age of the mics, Alan Hyatt at PMI Audio would be the one to answer this but I'll do some digging around elsewhere as I know he had made some comments about the origins of the Meek mics at different times.

Regardless of the manufacturer, I think they would be candidates for modding.

Here's part of the answer in a quote from Alan Hyatt............"We did a different version of the JM47 here in the US. It was made by 797 for us, but it was not the JM47 they sell in the UK. We sold the USA JM47 for two years, but no longer."

The JM mics have been re-released and I am pretty sure they are now from Fielo and share similar design characteristics with some MXL models.

Latest posts

Back