SSLtech's cool projects BACK ONLINE

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have the modular bargraph module schematic that was originally made for the SSL k9. I saw mention of it on the old TT, but I don't know if it was ever posted anywhere. Thanks.

Is there some modification to Keith's power supply that adds an extra +-15V supply for use in the SSL 9k mic pre hosted at the same site? This requires +-15V, +-18V and +-48V I believe.

cheers,
James.

Thanks Kruz!

James,

IIRC the +/-15V supply is only used for the output servo, so a pair of low-current regulators such as 78L15 and 79L15's could be mounted on a small piece of Veroboard/stripboard with a feed from the +/-18V.

Two things to watch out for- supplying a 78L15 or 79L15 with +/-18V means that there is only a 3V differential between input an output. The minimum stated voltage input for these 15 regulators is 17.5V, and I've had some funny experiences with too-low-a drop out voltage, so it may be better to supply these 15V regulators from before the +/-18V regulators- i.e. directly after the rectifier/filter capacitors.

Also, some regs don't like too-small a current draw, so it may be an idea to use the +/-15V rail to supply a front panel LED. Place an LED with a series resistor from +15V to -15V. For a standard red LED use about 4k7 to 10k.

Mark

Thanks for the advice. The +/-15V does seem to be used only for the output.

Incidentally what's the deal with the 'Cx' capacitors between the power rails on Keith's schematic? They seem to be the only components for which values are not given.

J

Back