U47 type microphone and multipattern

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This makes really sense (of course, if Gunther does it....)
The increased heat and power dissipation may reduce the lifetime of the tube. Since Oliver A. mentioned the possibly expensive selection of the funken and even more the rft EF14 (5-10% chance of a hit) one will maybe end up better using a preselected EF12 type thats recommended by the most specialized cloner worldwide, running cooler at lower power and has a guaranteed sound. The U47w is reputed to be the best 'clone' of all, called: *the sound of the original when it was NEW*.

Thanks for your confirmation. Since i have an EF14 laying around (and maybe some more in nearest future) i will end up trying both and decide afterwards

[quote author="martthie_08"]does anybody know, what tube Gunter Wagner is using for his U47 remake?[/quote]

with all the metalwork, and wiring precision he does, and his source for 'to-spec' capsule reskining as well as NOS capsules im willing to bet he is using real vf14's.

I was wondering if someone could share Oliver's schematic using an EF12 tube. I have a K74 capsule, and E12 tube and am ordering a BV8.
Any help is appreciated!

[email protected]

Thank You.
Sean Harris

noulou

That schematic is missing some information.  If the capsule voltage is 80VDC(1meg and 2.2meg divider).  Ohms law has the B+ at 116VDC and the plate current (116VDC-75VDC)/47K =

heater at about -6.2VDC if 15K and 8.2K it is hard to read from the schematic

For the other posts
too much heat?

Latest posts

Back