Delete the Violet and Blue threads?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should the Violet, JZ, and Blue topics be deleted from the forums?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Family Hoof

I vote to remove them completey! You know which topics I mean. These piles of spam are causing pointless arguements and a great waste of time, the likes of which I've seen previously only on other audio forums. I'm really sad to see so much counter-productivity here the last few days.

Why remove?

It seems people are interested in this highly "entertaining" discussion and are willing to invest their time into that, so why to take it away?

If people stop responding, the threads will vanish themselves.

But I agree, it is a great waste and absolutely pointless. The worst part is that JZ does not take time or energy to chime in for clarification, so the threads basically look like troll and scam. And it definitely does not add to JZ reputation.

Unless the topic centers around the circuit design (as opposed to who, when or where)
they should probably viewed as entertainment and moved to the appropriate discussion forum
specifically designed and reserved for entertainment.

:nudge :nudge :wink: :wink:

:guinness: :guinness:

Chris

maybe we need an extra forum in the vain of the Brewery but named the Bathroom. In there you only find stuff you wouldn't be reading if it wasn't that your wasting time doing other things... :green:

Real cyberfreaks could read it, when visiting the real bathroom, on laptops wireless tru to their home LAN.

Spammy topics should be in the Bathroom...

my 0,02 ?.

Tony.

I dislike those threads, but it's pointless to remove them. JZ or any of his handpuppets would start another thread. JZ seems to be posting the same statement on all internet boards he knows. But what bothers me most is that he doesn't take the time to reply to anything people ask or comment.

I like the Bathroom concept :thumb:

> it's pointless to remove them. {people} would start another thread.

That's the truth. Deleting (or Locking) threads almost never kills them. It is like Wisteria or Poison Ivy: you cut down everything above ground, and it springs up somethere else in your yard. The hotter the thread, the less likely that people will stop talking about it.

please remove....
we can entertain ourselves with something more usefull.
I get enough spam on my email accounts..

[quote author="producer4000"]Unless the topic centers around the circuit design (as opposed to who, when or where)
they should probably viewed as entertainment and moved to the appropriate discussion forum
specifically designed and reserved for entertainment.[/quote]I agree. Topics like X company vs. Y company have no place in "The Lab".

I want to create a company named "Magenta".
In which section of this forum should I post informations on my products (mainly microphones)?

:green:

I think I would keep all these "spam" but in a dedicated section. History should never been erased.

gear discussion is one thing. Properganda(SP) is another. I am all for gear discussion but gear spamming is another. look at the lab in general and how we behave it's not supposed to be like that.
secondly if JZ and whoever else posts for him took the time to explain thats one thing but he doesn't. DO I say delete,I would say censorship is wrong. So for those who do not like it like myself ,just drop the issue do not read or respond basicly don't care and it will go away.
As for JZ, needing ettiquete comes to mind. whatever is going on or went on this is not the place to air out your dirty laundry.

I know the BLUE principals well, however, because I don't know the circumstances of the dispute firsthand, I refuse to be drawn into taking sides by anyone. What good does it do to hear one argument, or even both, when you haven't seen any objective information regarding the conflict? I say that we should just say NO to being a tool for polarizing the readership here by deleting the posts. Let the products speak for themselves.

I agree with Kevin - what good does it do to speculate? We can't know the details and it's not worth the energy. I hope it works out well for all concerned, but they have to solve their problems. Let the products do the talking.

You might have been taking a poll, but it got the whole junk started again.
I thought this forum was about DIYers building great stuff and sharing info, with manufacturers sometimes jumping in to clarify a point or two about a piece of equiptment. My mother used to say "one fool makes many" and so like simpletons grown engineers and technicians....intellectuals squabble over what concerns them not. This might in general be a great forum, but there is a certain element of bull crap around here and all it takes is a little push to get this element into a full state of frenzy and all in the name of what....discussion?
Gimme a break. True builders and designers are too busy contemplating the design problems of the next coveted piece of studio gear to participate in such a pointless bullshitty...... Anyway Analag don't get down like that. Delete the gossip, that's what my wife do at the womens club.

Analag

I don't know if deleting is the best idea but at least move all the JZ versus Blue threads to the Brewery and leave them there without further posts.

chrissugar

Well if you don't want to delete it...throw somewhere in the back of the warehouse and let it gather dust. When I first started posting here I was most brutally taught the integrity and ethics of THIS forum so when I see stuff like this being carried out by some of those who value themselves as long contributing members of this forum...I gets a little perturbed.

Its probably worth noting that Butta and I are friendly off the board and perhaps thats been lost on some folks, the two of us certainly werent going at each others throats or anything like that.

dave

I don't understand the logic of creating an entirely new thread to discuss the removal of another thread that is obviously (judging by the existence of this thread) getting in the way enough to be a problem...

I'm going to start a thread about how this thread is merely adding to the problem of the thread that spawned it...who's with me?

Back