Opamp book by Walt Jung - A masterpiece

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="Brian Roth"] ...I spend a lot of time doing stuff up in my CAD program (with dims, etc), yet my engraver and I can NOT find a common file format to translate my CAD into his "robots". Hence, double effort is required... in effect, Engraver John has to manually translate my drawings into "Mr. Roboto" files.[/quote]

Most CNC-machines uses G-code, a simple form of the Gerber language. If John's setup uses these, you can convert e.g. .DXF or .PLT files from your Corel or whatever into G-code by an interpreter like Master5 from Artsoft. Import .DXF with necessary settings and parameters, then export G-code.

Works fine for my setup..

Jakob E.

[quote author="Larrchild"]Hey Brian, Welcome...I suggest we team up and sell our old Gearslutz training wheels on Ebay. And refreshingly, no one here will tell you what eq frequencies to always use on a snare they've never heard.
=)
Lar'[/quote]

Larry...my vari-mu-amigo! I feel at home now...LOL!

Bri

[quote author="gyraf"][quote author="Brian Roth"] ...I spend a lot of time doing stuff up in my CAD program (with dims, etc), yet my engraver and I can NOT find a common file format to translate my CAD into his "robots". Hence, double effort is required... in effect, Engraver John has to manually translate my drawings into "Mr. Roboto" files.[/quote]

Most CNC-machines uses G-code, a simple form of the Gerber language. If John's setup uses these, you can convert e.g. .DXF or .PLT files from your Corel or whatever into G-code by an interpreter like Master5 from Artsoft. Import .DXF with necessary settings and parameters, then export G-code.

Works fine for my setup..

Jakob E.[/quote]

I'll ask John exactly what native format his mechanical engraver utilizes. Unfortutnately, John is more of an "artiste" vs a computer geek.

I *do* know his laser engraver (used for the laminated plastic plates) can read Corel files, but I don't have an Corel export in DesignCAD. We did try reading DXF and DWG files I exported, but the dims had morphed...

Bri

Bri

Hey if you need a .dxf to gcode converter app, I'll send you a free one i have.

It will take your CAD and make it speak robot.

And whatever you do here..don't mention Edcor transformers..they've been discussed for.....*looks at forum* oh,.. never mind..I did that too, broe. =)

ah I found the gcode converter online. Bon Apetit.
http://www.yeagerautomation.com/ace.htm

[quote author="Brian Roth"]Where in Oklahoma???? <g>[/quote]
Greater Metro Stillwater! Though I travel to Edmond on a weekly basis.

I actually know some people who have recorded at "Ted's Escondido Studio" :razz:

Peace!
Charlie

Larry, thinks for the lead for the Gerber convertor. When I'm at Engraver John's shoppe next week, I'll see exactly what Mr. Roboto can accept. As for the Edcor thread...oops! <g>

Charlie...my contact info in on the website. Next time you're heading to Edmond, give me some warning and we can meet for lunch/drinks/whatever. I'm in far N. OKC, quite near to Edmond.

Bri

PS, I think I've caused this thread to go FAAAAAR off topic! <g>

[quote author="Brian Roth"]PS, I think I've caused this thread to go FAAAAAR off topic! <g>[/quote]
Really, I think the latest posts have much to to with the Walt Jung book. :wink:

When I was in college back in the 70's Walt's original "Op Amp Cookbook" was required reading alongside our linear circuits textbooks. Definately one of the best reads I had to do back then. If you can find his book on audio opamps and/or his Audio Amatuer articles they are also excellent
(I have a sneaking suspicion many of the people here already know about these).

Latest posts

Back