Cinemag Vs Neumann with Peluso Capsules!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damster

Hi Everyone. I just joined after lurking for a few months getting to know my way around.........I love you all.:cry:

Just to let you know there is a shootout on the Cinemag website of the new CineMag CM-2461NiCo and the Neumann BV8 output transformer.These were both put into separate Pearlman TM-1 mics with laser matched Peluso CEK67 capsules to compare the trannys. This is the first time I've actually heard the peluso capsule or a cinemag trafo........Pretty sweet ( though I like the Neumann trafo better).

P.S. can anyone recommend a good to place to have my avatar and any photos hosted?

1'st post. welcome to the lab. chances are if it brakes it was me. :green:
Seriously though. welcome and for photo hosting you can get free online hosting from photo bucket.

do a search for their website and best part is it's free.

Frikin' lasers. They all sound the same to me. Besides, who wants a mic to sound like a laser any way (except maybe for foley guys at ILM)? :twisted:

Has anyone tried one of these Cinemag transformers in a G7? I'm tempted to try. (They sent me a quote of $118 for the CM-2641NiCo.) The specs seem similar to the Lundahl in this application, and the audio demo was impressive enough.

http://www.cinemag.biz/

I just bought this studio pack from Apex with a 460 tube, a 415 ( multi-pattern LD ) and 2 185,s ( SD pair ) all with Shockmounts and hardshell case for $480 Canadian! I'm looking at trying the cinemag trafo's on the LD's.

Latest posts

Back