Solid state pultec finished (pic's)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap...that's nice. Probably sounds awesome...

it 'looks' like it took a while... :grin:

Awesome clean retro look! I love those big, soft, round knobs. Are they real bakelite or plastic? Front panel wiring looks like quite a job!

:thumb: :guinness: :thumb: :sam:

@drpat: Gain make up is not done with a op amp but by the Neve BA283. I don't know if this qualifies as a solid state amp or not. I always thought that solid state means > no tubes.
I did use 5532 op amps for I/O buffering though.....

@AnalogPackrat: Leeds electronics called them bakelite knobs but I think they're plastic. Bakelite is quite fragile right?

[quote author="radiance"]...Next time I'll go for the option PRR sugested though.[/quote]For op amp ballanced outs, I agree. However, I bet if you replaced them with a real neve type transformer, it'd be quite kool! But, I'm sure it's plenty kool as is.

Got a source for those switches
Grayhills from a Decca mixer - two/three gang - 4 way etc...
Those are exactly the ones Cyril Jones gave to me

Wow, looks really nice! Took you some time to finish them though... :grin:

How did you do the pcb's? Are those stripboard or perfboard with wires underneath? Do you have pictures of the solder-side?

When I do stuff like that it usually comes out looking really messy on both sides. I guess i have to learn some patience if i want my stuff to look like this ...

[quote author="Mendelt"]
How did you do the pcb's? Are those stripboard or perfboard with wires underneath? Do you have pictures of the solder-side?

..[/quote]

Sorry, no pics of the solder side.
Before I started I made a drawing on a paper with a grid (millimeterpapier). There are no wires underneath. I just cut traces and add jumpers if necessary. I might have a pic of the drawing I made. Will post it when found.....

Back