Slide Fader Knobs/Caps needed...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bushwick

I have a whole bunch of Alps conductive plastic faders that have P&G sized metal splines for attaching said knobs to and the only source I can find is Dale Manquen. Dale is a great guy, yes I know, but shesh, plastic fader knobs for $4.25 a piece or metal for $13.00? Ouch.

So oddly enough Alps doesn't make em, at least not for this series fader. I had to special order these since they aren't a stock item. Maybe thats why. Can anyone think of someplace I can get these things? Also, I have some faders to sell if someone is interested. I had to buy a hundred but only need 46...

Thanks to all,
joshua kessler

Josh,

I'm pretty sure that Digikey or Mouser or someplace like that has something. I'll take a look and call someone who might know.

:thumb:

Josh, most any company who makes electronic control knobs also makes fader caps. Like Seth says, there are definately a few in the big electronics catalogs like Mouser and you can usually order direct from companies who make them.

I have to run right now, but here's just one example. They're an Ohio-based company with very reasonable prices. I think the minimum is 25 pieces for stock models. You should get a quote e-mailed to you in no time.

Hi guys...

Thanks very much for the response. Yeah the funny thing? Mouser does not carry something that will fit but they will order these faders if you want. I'll give the ohio co. a whirl and see what I dig up. If anyone has a sure thing, please shout at me.

Best,
joshua

Edit: i just checked out the ohio based company and they don't have the right sized sleeve for the fader tine. That seems to be the problem. The P&G tine is much larger. I would appear perhaps that these were made simply as a cheaper alternative to those who need to replace their P&G's and already have caps??

Josh,

Check out Rean S772, S773, S778.

Don't know what size tang they fit but they might work.

Good luck...

Actually, I was thinking Black Market.

Don't worry, one of our crack team of mods will come along and notice it before long.

(And they'll be singing "We are the Mods! We are the Mods!").

:grin:

Latest posts

Back