Midas Venice Mods

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cainester

I am going to make the direct outs of my mixer pre eq and pre fader. I called a dude @ har_m00n I think, and he sent me the complete schematics and modification pdf's. Only one problem. The modification page has no option for pre eq on the dir out.
By looking at This Schematic can this be done easily?

I think I'm going to have jumper from the pre eq to the dir out.
Will that work?

Caine

Here is the Modification page.

on the schematic there is an on/off for the eq. simply turn it off?
if you want to use the eq on the mix but bypass it on the direct out,
make a bridge from l1 on the eq-on/off to the direct out.

[quote author="Coldsnow"]Any way of making the montitor sends to be post fader?[/quote]

shure. just connect the left side of r62c(mon1) and r64c(mon2) to the "POSTAD3" instead of "PFAD3" line.

I started on the mod last night, and I did not realize that I would be cutting a pcb trace. That is exactly what the instructions say to do, but I guess I didn't think about it. The trace is pretty difficult to cut. I had to dig a razor knife into the board and cut a little trench before the trace was completely sevored.
There is some sort of laminate over the trace, and a very small space between the solder pads.
Is there a better way to cut these traces?
I thought about scraping the laminate and board with a pick until I could get some close snippers in there.

Any suggestions?

Caine

Caine;
You are doing it exactly as you need to do it.
Cutting a "v" is the best method.
Use a very sharp knife.
Use a magifying glass to inspect your work to insure
it is done correctly and you did not damage anything.

Do not worry you can fix the trace if you mess up.
Cut the trace and quit fretting. Enjoy your new mixer.

I am going to make the direct outs of my mixer pre eq and pre fader. I called a dude @ har_m00n I think, and he sent me the complete schematics and modification pdf's. Only one problem. The modification page has no option for pre eq on the dir out.
By looking at This Schematic can this be done easily?

I think I'm going to have jumper from the pre eq to the dir out.
Will that work?

Caine

Here is the Modification page.
Can you share the links to the Schematic ? The link seems to be dead?

Back