LA3a tune up? re-cap?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vetsen

I have an LA3a that when first powered on will show +.5 dB gain reduction for the first several minutes. Then it levels back to 0 dB. Not sure how long it takes, it's sorta like trying to boil water.

Also, it seems to not do any GR untill the I turn the peak reduction up to 7. Then it seems to kick in pretty hard. Is this normal behavior for Optos? I really like the sound of the unit even with lots of GR.

it being my first and only LA3a have nothing else to compare it to. You wouldn't belive this but I picked it up for reall cheap. $1! No joke. They had no idea what it was. I guess it looked old.

Does it need to be recapped?

Maybe it needs new tubes. J/K, But what else could I do to make this thing work like new again. I still love it.

Steven

no tubes on this one. Here goes the schem:

That was my attempt at a joke. I guess I should have been a bit more clear on "J/K" disclaimer. I have had this thing apart a few times. I hope to build a T4 soon.

Steven

Yeah, I´m a dumb (where is that dumb face???). You probably already had opened the unit...

:? there was a better emoticon with horrible eyes.

Anyway, is the schem of any help?

Back