best writing for cases

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dean1979

whats the best way to do writing or graphics on cases, just my cases for 1176 and dont know the best way to acheive bad ass personalised grahpics/writing

hi jakob, can i just say, i always search. but when i type witing case graphics etc, because the search isnt mega intelligent it goes and gets anything containing at least one of those words and its just a mass to plough through when all i need is a quick 2 word anser (of course i maybe doing something worng). Like i say i always search but somethings are not search able when dont know exactly what sort of words you are looking for. Perhaps a meta for "presantation" would be a good idea. ANy how thanks for all the help and keep up the good work.
cheers

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=5894&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=front+panel+design

The words you were looking for are "front panel design" or atleast i found plenty with that search. Searching here can be a little difficult at times, but you just need the right words.

Many ways to do it.. Franks (ngrecording) has some good info
Do searches on...

Etching - etch the front panel in your favourite etching solution - hide the parts you don;t want etched) - check out an Audix thread on it (was it peter p - that did it?)

Lazertran - print off the graphics onto a special sheet, then place the sheet on the front panel and bake it on in the oven

Send the front panel off to Schaeffer(?) to do etching and infill for you

If you have a very very steady hand.. use a dremel type engraving tool and you can infill using paint/wax

Hire an engraver to do it on the front panel

Get a laminated sheet/plexiglass etc... and get that engraved then attach it as a dummy front panel (the whole one over the top using spacers or screw it direct onto the front panel to give a front panel like the UA610/Manley Passive etc..)

Dymo tape labels

etc...

Latest posts

Back