Schematic request... don't laugh

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewYorkDave

Circa late '80s Ross 8x2 mixer. :roll:

Yeah, I know it's junk, but I have one that I use for small PA systems, and it works just fine for that. Mine could use a little TLC, so of course a schematic might come in handy.

The web rumor mill sez that it's a copy of a similar Studiomaster design, but I take everything I read on the web with more than a grain of salt...

The mixer pictured below looks just like my Ross:

54531.gif

New York Dave, do you have a model number for that mixer? Does it have a built in PA? I have a schematic of a Ross "PC6400". It's really rough...it looks like a copy of a copy of a copy of a ..... I'm not too familiar with Ross stuff...it's just something I have in my file cabinet of schematics...not even sure where I got it.
Let me know
TP

Eeeeyah! That was the first mixer that I ever owned. I used it to track with my Fostex X-15 4-track. Ahhh the memories. I seem to remember liking the color of the EQ, albeit noisy. I even had the 8-chanel expansion module. :grin:

Uhhh, oh yeah, sorry, no schematic Dave.

It doesn't have a built-in power amp. I'm pretty sure the model # is just "8x2", but I'll check later tonight. I pulled it out of storage because I'm providing a small PA for my sister's wedding tomorrow :roll:

TK, I bought the Ross new at Manny's (or was it Sam Ash?) on 48th street and used to use it in my home studio, in the late '80s, with a TEAC 1/4" 4-track (7.5 IPS). My sole outboard was an Orban spring reverb. The recordings actually sounded pretty good.

I hope your mixer is not as sensitive to garbage on the power line as my amp. It's very hard to use together with a dimmer or even a video beamer. RFI filter does not help...

Samuel

Holy shit! What a coincidence that you happened across that. Thanks!

The design looks pretty conventional, but then again I wasn't expecting any mind-blowing innovation in a Ross mixer :wink:

Actually, the L/R master section is kind of wacky. Notice how they saved two op-amps by making the summing amps do double-duty as the output amps? Geez...

Latest posts

Back