New Lundahl transformer / K&K Audio webpage

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinc

A new webpage is up at http://www.kevinc927.addr.com. It will be available at www.kandkaudio.com in a day or two.

Very nice site Kevin. Not as an insult to you or your old site, but this looks much more professional. ;-) And easier to navigate and follow.

Bravo!
Daniel

[quote author="AudioJunkie"]Very nice site Kevin. Not as an insult to you or your old site, but this looks much more professional. ;-) And easier to navigate and follow.

Bravo!
Daniel[/quote]

That was the goal! Thanks!

Great New Site Kevin !

Thanks for sharing :thumb:

I will be sure to buy many transformers from you in the Future.

:guinness: :green:

Kevin,

I was wondering... You did not post here much, lately. Now I see how busy you were :grin:

Great site! Much easier to navigate, and thanks for putting on all Lundahl data. No need to jump from your site to Lundahl, anymore.

Great job :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

And.... now time to contribute :green: :guinness:

Beautiful site Kevin!

Very interesting thread on transformer breakin!
Any speculation as to what is happening here?
Windings getting looser, core going through changes, a little bit of both?

I thought I was seeing inductance changes while sweeping several transformers, but I figured it was this old Gen Rad impedance bridge drifting around.

Also, what are your thoughts on how a transformer nulls out?

I noticed that most vintage units seem to have a very touchy null if you are patient.
Some new brands seem to have kind of a mushy null.
I wonder if this relates to how they sound?
Interesting things, these transformers!

cj :guinness:

Check out the DAC on the Digital Audio page. I heard the early working prototype of this and can say honestly it is amazing sounding. I was already asking Kevin how we could make a rack of 8 channels... <G> (My emoticons don't work!)

Kevin, you have good ears and good instincts. It's a stunning sound.

Where does the name RAKK dac come from?

cheers,
tommypiper

Hi Kevin,

Looks very good there...I just noticed that you listed the LL1538XL as both a Mic-input, and as a preamp output X-former ??? is that correct ?

Kind regards

Peter

Kevin, the site looks great! Nice work! Quick question: There has been a lot of talk about word clock generators on here and other forums lately. Any plans to provide a kit for rock solid word clock output or is this something that can be done with say the XO-DAC?

Thanks!

Nice Kevin, thanks.
I was just wondering what was going on with kandk.com site...

cheers!
Fabio

[quote author="Peter Simonsen"]Hi Kevin,

Looks very good there...I just noticed that you listed the LL1538XL as both a Mic-input, and as a preamp output X-former ??? is that correct ?

Kind regards

Peter[/quote]

It is. You can reverse it and use it 2.5:1 or 5:1 in a "parallel feed" type of output.

[quote author="b3groover"]Kevin, the site looks great! Nice work! Quick question: There has been a lot of talk about word clock generators on here and other forums lately. Any plans to provide a kit for rock solid word clock output or is this something that can be done with say the XO-DAC?

Thanks![/quote]

The clock output from the XO-DAC would serve that purpose nicely.

Latest posts

Back