console function wish list

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amorris

I am getting ready to set up my master section of my console. I have a 5106 36 frame that I get to set up anyway I'd like and I was hoping you guys can give me some new ideas for master section. I/O will be pretty obvious, but most of the center switches I can change. for instance:

I like the solo functions on the SSL 9k- solo in front, alt, fleet, headphone different from control room, etc. so I will do something similar.

also, I will put in (buy) a good A-D AES then to a real bad cd player D-A circuit so I can hear the worst case scenario, build a jiiter circuit, and also a loudness circuit to check the bass, ect..

but just in a drawing board sense, what could really be cool, and possible?

this is my DIY project for life, so go nuts!! I have the time.

thanks in advance guys!

a large variety of monitor capabilities would be nice....you could place a spectrum analyzer and a phase meter in it...wouldnt that be cool! :cool:

A sum to mono and a left side phase flip button would be nice. As well as a stereo EQ and stereo comp. Say something like a stereo solid state Pultec along side a stereo comp. But switchable between monitor path and stereo buss path. That way I can listen and get an idea of how it will sound mastered or if I want be able to compress and EQ the stereo buss.
My 2 cents. :grin:

Oh and as a kicker paint it in day glow paint so when the lights go out you can still see what is going on. :green:

a mute button would be cool too.

but whatever you do, dont put a "suck" button in it.... i think the stones had a button like that in the console they've used recently.

Level trim for nearfield monitors is what I´m missing at my board. Better one more output for nearfields than you think is necessary.

and dont forget to built in a lighter and an ashtray...

stepped attenuator! cool! actually, the thought of putting together a switch and resistor contraption would be a lot of fun! Im sure I would get over that before I finished!!

I saw a little about Mikkel's relay and control board. is there a website with all the info/ purchase? I thought about relays too! I had a relay switching gtr stomp box switcher that really made a difference. Im down!

question: if I had a circuit that has a pot and I just replace the pot with a stepped attenuator(switch/ resistor contraption), do I get the most benefits sonically, or should I configure it like a passive attenuator padding it down without the amplifier circuit of the pot based volume control system? I ask because i have a pcb control room monitor circuit that I could just switch the resistive element , or I could start from scratch and put just a padding attenuator with no active components. does this make sense?

Latest posts

Back