HELP! Fostex D-90 wont transmit MTC - FIXED!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ebartlet

Hi everyone,

I am looking for advice and/or a schematic for my Fostex D-90. It will recieve MMC, but won't transmit MTC or MIDI clock.

Thanks,

Eric

Eric,

Have you contacted Fostex US for assistance? From the experiences of guys over there I wouldn't hold my breath for much support..........actually, at times, the Australian Fostex distributor (Syntech) has been more help to people o/seas than Fostex US.

Just a thought.

:cool:

I have a D108 - the owners manual is abismal and I have given up trying to get frame accurate sync with Cubase (through a usb midi hub)

I have no set up problems having it as a master and cubase as a slave (just the timing in cubase is off all the time)
Page 117 of the D160 owners manual should sort you out

http://www.fostex.com/support/pdf/fostex/d160/d160_owners_manual.pdf

Eric,

This may be a long shot but if you go here; http://www.recordingproject.com/bbs/index.php ............and find the "Stand Alone Digital Recorder" forum or contact Skod, the moderator of the Technology forums there as he has 2 or 3 "D" series recorders and knows more about them than most people.

uk,

The Jinglish used in the manuals is bloody great, my D160 manual has pencilled in notes as well as additional handwritten pages :grin: ............I'm continually amazed at most User Manuals (not just the Fostex), as the idiots that write them nearly always seem to think people are mind readers and are already familiar with products.

:cool:

Hey guys, thanks for your help.

I took the unit apart last night. The motherboard is multilayer. Someone had soldered a short jumper wire between one of the MIDI IN connector (which works fine) terminals and a ferrite bead jumper. I checked for continuity between the MIDI OUT terminals and the corresponding ferrite beads and found that there are broken traces inside the board I soldered up a couple of wire jumpers, and everything works fine!

Thanks again,

Eric

Latest posts

Back