v41 transformer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thank you!
one further question: how could one design an output stage capable of driving a 2:1 transformer into 600Ohm with pentodes? is it possible?

You said pentodes, but if you'd like to try a dual triode, the output stage of this line-amp drives a 600-ohm load to rather high levels via a 2:1 output transformer.

http://electronicdave.myhosting.net/miscimages/nydave_lineamp1.gif

The output stage (V2) could be adapted for use with other amplifiers as long as you provide the necessary DC bias of about +130V on the grid.

thanks for the answers.

kubi: i´m looking for any example circuits regarding pentodes as line level driver, eventually with the ef12 i have laying around.
all the circuits i´ve seen so far used a 7:1 or bigger ratio ot.

nyd: thanks you for your suggestion, i´ve already breadboarded your output stage (the former one with the 12av7) -it works great and when i find a 12bh7 i will try building something with it!

[quote author="kubi"]
Please take a look at Jakob's Pultec output stage: 2:1 transformer into 600Ohm. The ECC88 can be replaced by some pentodes - possibly wired as triodes. Isn't it what you were looking for?[/quote]

thats about what i´m looking for. the ecc88 could be replaced with lets say two ef12 triode wired?

nydave_lineamp1.gif

Is C6 a typo....the value seems rather low for real low end performance.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Analag

Decided to raise the topic...

I have some EF12, EF12k and EZ11 and I'm looking for more information about v41. How do you think is it sutable for DIY?
Couple of questions: about B+ voltage and which in/out transformers are suitable?

Thank you!

Latest posts

Back