Anyone know about racking/PSU for SSL 5000 Series Modules?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

higginsrob

I'm racking a SSL SL504 preamp (submix module), I thought I had it figured out, but it's way too quiet. This preamp has 80db of gain, and I'm getting about 30db. The prints say its power bus has:

+VLAMPS
+18V
0V
0V
-18V
-18V BU
-25V
-18V LEDS

The person that sold it to me said I could use two bipolar power supplies (one for the +/- 18V, and another for the -25V) and I wouldn't have to connect the others. I think this is wrong, but I tried it anyway. Same results with and without the -25V connected. There's also a Vref -10 pin that might have something to do with it.

The main thing is just to get the preamp working, but if anyone has information about this series,(like the LED's and the enable/clear pins) I would be extremely grateful. This is a very cool module - preamp, line input, 60 Hz hp filter, 120 Hz hp filter, 4 subgroup outs, pan and a fader in a 6" tall module! I would like to get my hands on some more of them

Thank you guys,

Rob

Hey Rob

do you have the schematics? if so email em to me at davidmbarelli at yahoo dot co dot uk

i would have to see the schematics before knowing what the Vref is for.

i dont have that on my 522 eqs ....

what PSU are you using? the JLM?

Back