joining multiple wires to a common point?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neilwight

just a quick one,
ive got 6 wires (feeds from a switch) that are all then going to a common point. anyone got any good and simple ideas regarding how to attach them.
in the past ive just soldered multiples to the one point but never as much as 6 before and im worried it may be a bit cumbersome.

how do you guys go it, its not worth etching a pcb up just for that, should i try a strip of some description?

suggestions definately welcome.

What does "a common point" mean? A common point on a PCB? A common point in the chassis? A 7th wire? do they all just need to be connected together?

Peace,
Al.

[quote author="neilwight"]just a quick one,
ive got 6 wires (feeds from a switch) that are all then going to a common point.quote]

Are they going to a hole in a PCB or to a metal contact?

How thick is the wire?

You could use a pin for a PCB and then attach all wires to a pin.

If they are all from "a switch" couldn't they just be placed together at the point of origin, i.e., the switch? and you would have just one wire to go from the switch to your board/chassis/whatever.

take a short piece of solder and wrap it around the wires to hold the bundle together. tin the ends together and then solder to the point. use plenty of solder.

oh yeah, I have to do this on a regular basis, it's SOOOOOO much easier than trying to hold them with anything else!

:thumb:

FWIW... and with a big pinch of salt
I have...
Pen etched a small PCB to do it
Used the M3 solder tags and a earth lug or nut and bolt
Used those red crimp terminals with a ring (like solder tags) and a earth lug or nut and bolt

Back