Where the hell to find the TL783's?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mbira

I've tried the dude that had them for sale on black market...no luck. Anyone found anywhere in the states that has them?

Joel

[quote author="alk509"]Go to TI's website and search their distributors' stock.

Peace,
Al.[/quote]

Lead time 8 weeks at TI, and all distributors that I know of are saying discontinued...

Was TI the only manufacturer of the 783?
And if not, did the others also stop making it?
And if so: Why?????
I'm sure it's because of all these switching-supplys around.

There is no substitute for the TL783 (in to-220 housing).

Apparantly they had some problems with the chip design holding specs in that casing.

But the thing is back on market this fall, according to TI - so it only temporarily discontinued.

And oh - if you're in a hurry, you could possibly use the SMD-version, mounted on a piece of PCB.

Jakob E.

[quote author="Mbira"]Anyone found anywhere in the states that has them?[/quote]
According to the Farnell website, Newark has them in stock - but not the TO220 version.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

I have these on black market

sorry I did'nt contact earlier, I was out of town on business

tL783's .............. $1.55ea paypal accepted worldwide.

Jakob, I have a lot of these V-regs available.

[quote author="Mbira"]I've tried the dude that had them for sale on black market...no luck. Anyone found anywhere in the states that has them?

Joel[/quote]
Hi,Joel :grin:

I used TL783 in my PSU, I've found them at RADIOSPARES,there's a site in France.May be you can find them on Farnell.
At Radiospares the ref:302-255 from TI.
Or may be,Try the VB-403 or VB-408 on Conrad site Ref:177564-62
A bientot,

B2.

Back