DBX 165 VU lamp repair

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martthie_08

Hello, does anyone have the exact specifications for the lamps that light up the VU meter on an old DBX 165? There are three lamps wired in series, if I see it correctly. I don't have a manual or circuit diagram, so I don't know what the lamps are rated at. Thanks, Marten

My old guide from my studio shows I used #7382 lamps. It's a 14v.

Measure across the lamp holder for voltage (a SIP connector screwed to the meter bezel, right?) to be sure. It's probably around 24V?

Memory fading quickly...

Hey Crusty, thanks for your reply, I didn't have a chance to measure the voltage at the lamp holder yet, but yes, this is good starting point.

The construction looks very diy, it is a molex style connector with a hole drilled through it and a srew that holds it to the meter. I will take a picture when I take the unit out of the rack again, this might be interesting for people here...

would you have any idea of the current draw of the #7382 style lamps? I don't want the lights to be too bright and avoid putting extra strain on the powersupply of the dbx 165.

cheers, Marten

Hello folks,

I've received such a lamp from studioelectronics.biz, and I have opened the 165a, but I wonder how I get the lamp into the VU meter without destroying it... I can't even get the VU meter out of the box easily.. any ideas how this is done?

You do not need to get into the meter. You should just see the lamp sockets above the meters when you take the top off the unit.

Best,

Ben

Latest posts

Back