TubeTech CL1B Schematic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Noll

I am looking for TubeTech CL1B Schematic. I have searched online with no success. The original literature folder that came with the unit did not include them.

My problem: Unit powers up and compresses but after a couple of minutes the output stage shuts down. The meter show compression but there is no output. The unit still passes audio in bypass mode. New tubes did not solve the problem.
Thanks.

John Noll [email protected]

I have the 1A and the 2B but no 1B.
If you want either, drop me a PM with an email addy as these are extremely sensitive documents prone to generating massive lawsuits form our buddys in Denmark.
Even though they did rip Manlie and a few other people. :grin:

It's been my experience that much of the tubetech line has simular
output amps and such . I just sent some to gyraf , perhaps he has scaned them ?

regards Greg Boboski

Jeez, Greg, one visit a month is all we get?

BTW, Greg is the guy who gave me the MEQ schematic to decipher which is now over at Gyraf's place, so down on your knees, and give him three Amen's! :grin:

yep - I just got the good stuff from Greg :shock: , but my scanner is down at the moment (damned combi device that won't let you do ANYTHING if it suspects that one of it's colour cartridges might be near-empty. Even if it is brand new)

I'm hoping to get these scanned soon - and I'll post them asap..

Jakob E.

Caught in the trap of computer age multifunctionality - my suggestion:
don't scan with a printer, do it with your mobile... :wink:

i even use my mobile as a coffee machine (when i get a call i throw it into the coffee pot - voila, hot again)... :grin:

:razz: yep - that was the time when we knocked off the top of ceramic 4116-RAM's to use them as CCD-like optical sensors for scanning and primitive digital photography..

Jakob E.

I have the 1A and the 2B but no 1B.
If you want either, drop me a PM with an email addy as these are extremely sensitive documents prone to generating massive lawsuits form our buddys in Denmark.
Even though they did rip Manlie and a few other people. 😁
Hi, I'm having a problem with my CL1B, and it's one of those faults that comes and goes so I'm trying to follow along the audio path but without a schematic is proving quite difficult.
would it be possible for you to email the schematics if you still have them? Thank you
[email protected]

This unit is simply an opto resistor which is fed by an all semiconductor 'sidechain' so it will most likely register compression even if the main audio path is faulty.
the input has a transformer to unbalance it. then the Opto (like a LA2A but the opto device is totally different) Then a 2 valve amplifier stage which is pretty simple and you can check the output valve ECC82/equivalent) is running properly because there shopuld be around 34 Volts (IIRC) across that each of the two 4K7 resistors (that are in the cathodes). These resistors are 'bypassed' with 47uF capacitors although it will still work pretty well if the caps fail open (heat and time). Bypass will work because it simply joins input XLR to the output XLR with the switch contacts. I used to service TubeTech units for the UK dealer many years ago but promised I would not copy or release the schematics which I have honoured to this day. The 2 valves are used as common cathode amplifierand phase splitter (ECC83) then the ECC82 is transformer driver (Push Pull) with the cathodes raised so that it stays clear of 'blocking' when overdriven. Thus AUDIO path and sidechain are 2 almost separate paths.

Caught in the trap of computer age multifunctionality - my suggestion:
don't scan with a printer, do it with your mobile... 😉

i even use my mobile as a coffee machine (when i get a call i throw it into the coffee pot - voila, hot again)... 😁
Most printers have a service mode that lets you over ride the chip in the cartridge. Check on line for chipping your printer. I Can refill my cannon inks and get about 300 pages between refills

handy hint;
Hewlett Packard printers cannot fly! When you hurl them down stairs they smash into a lot of sharp plastic and glass pieces. The ever whining Epson is no better as it nags me daily and refuses to print when any of the colour cartridges are anything less than half full. A full black cartridge and I want to print in black but no, the blue and yellow were low so the damn thing refuses.

Back