Shure SM91 (not beta.. but might be similar) needed

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quadwould

I have 2 shure sm91s that i got years ago. they have never worked. but i want to fix them and start using them for Piano recording and kick drums.

So i am in need of the schematics. any help with be greatly appriciated

cheers
-David

I do not have them, but I just want to chime in and say that those are my favorite mics in the world! For live sound, few mics are better for kick drum in my opinion.

yep an awesome kick drum mic ...
the drummer from the lod mo-town group "the 4 tops" swears by them ..
and he had agreat live drum sound .. i learned a lot of cool stuff from him ... real friendly guy ... a musicians musician .. :)
i have one and can't find the preamp (which i know is defective )
the electronics in these babies are super tiny!!!!!!
break out that huge "back to the future" magnifiying lamp ... lol
later
ts

Hmm, I've never seen the SM91, but it looks a lot like the Beta91 which I love on kick mixed w/ a D12. I'm assuming the only real difference other than the little power adaptor thing is the capsule.

The beta91 isn't really a PZM, it's just a beta98 attached to a plate. I wonder what it would sound like to just to clamp a 98 to a bass drum? I imagine the plate does effect the sound, but I imagine you would still get a lot of snap with a 98.

if my memory serves me well,( from back in my sales days) the difference between norlal Sm line and the Beta Line is that the capsules of the Dynamics used Neodynium (sp?) magnets.. which increased sensitivity. So wit the 91 and 98 being Condensers maybe there is some heightend sensitivty in the capsules....?

schematics anyone??

silly me......

i rang up Shure and asked about it, and was pointed to the website... under discontinued (through advanced search) and

this pdf is what I found .silly me :oops:

didnt realise Shure were that helpful.. to carry a complete backlog of all discontinued products even with schematics...

in the SM91 (not the 91a that i just posted) there is a little pcb for a Preamp that everyone might be interested it check it out here

silly me......

i rang up Shure and asked about it, and was pointed to the website... under discontinued (through advanced search) and

this pdf is what I found .silly me :oops:

didnt realise Shure were that helpful.. to carry a complete backlog of all discontinued products even with schematics...

in the SM91 (not the 91a that i just posted) there is a little pcb for a Preamp that everyone might be interested it check it out here
Do you still have those files?

Kind regards,

Willem.

Back