Adaptation of the Olivier Archut circuit for a 6S6B-V M49C Or

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Tango Charly

GDIY Supporter
Does anyone have an adaptation of Olivier Archut's circuit diagram for a 6S6B-V triode, or another simple diagram to adapt this 6S6B-V triode in a M49C circuit. I have a simple 120V and 6V Mic and mod power supply and a few 6S6B-V triode.
I would like to build an M49 in point to point in a GT-2B Microphone Body or Tbone sct 700
Thank you

==schematic removed due to copyright complaint====JR

R1 100M
R2 100M
R3 2.2K
R4 100K
R5 100M
R6 1M
R7 1M
R8 100M

C1 1000pF 250V
C2 10nF 250V
C3 1uF 250V
C4 10nF 250V
C5 22uF 25V

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a copyright violation!! Papa Tango please remove this schematic! You can re-post it only if you include the copyright information.

Really? Copyright for a schemo with no indication of provenance and no values?
Really folks this is common curtesy, we expected more from Groupdiy moderators/members.
Clearly the schematic was copied from the Tab website, and clearly it is written on the schematic to include the copyright information when one redistributes the schematic. M49 Schematics - Tab-Funkenwerk

The schematic has not been removed, please do so!

To me, the schematic appears partially redrawn. The copyright refers to the original schematic drawing, not to the circuit. Does that still apply then?
Actually no matter, because you could just post the original schematic with the credits, then everyone is happy.
M49-alternative-Alina-Updated-3-pdf.jpg

Really folks this is common curtesy, we expected more from Groupdiy moderators/members.
and we expect more from members
Clearly the schematic was copied from the Tab website, and clearly it is written on the schematic to include the copyright information when one redistributes the schematic. M49 Schematics - Tab-Funkenwerk

The schematic has not been removed, please do so!
I removed the schematic earlier today, and just went back to remove the thumb nail.

Are you happy yet?

JR

Back to the OP's question, there isn't really anything to adapt other than tweaking the circuit to your taste, which should be done with the 5840 as well.

The thing to be wary of with the 6S6B is the large heater current. Your power supply transformer may be under powered for it. I don't know what's in the mic n mod PS.

Thank you. The point is an individual/ company provides free information for everyone to use, the least an individual can do when redistributing this information is respect the copyright.

Thank you. The point is an individual/ company provides free information for everyone to use, the least an individual can do when redistributing this information is respect the copyright.
Just as Tab Funkenwerk could have credited the designer of the original circuit, and not deliberately avoid "Neumann" in order to slip through legal hole. The information is obviously not free, as it is meant to be used as advertising material for the company.

One could easily ask for it to be removed in this form as well, since product placement is not paid for. There is white market on this forum for that kind of stuff.

I don't think the OP meant to be disrespectful, he is as I European and not obsessed with legal implications of literally everything posted, said, and done. This kind of move can only hurt Tab Funkenwerk imho.

I'm not even going into basing a company's business on ripping off other companies design, legacy, component/model names.... The only reason you're still in business is that Neumann doesn't even care.

Last edited:
Ok sorry guys! i have seen this schematic all over the place i didn't mean to to anything Bad.
Ok let me put it this way I would like to build a M49 with a 6S6B-V triode in point to point in a GT-2B Microphone Body or Tbone sct 700.
Does anybody have a Schemo?
Thank you
Best

Ok sorry guys! i have seen this schematic all over the place i didn't mean to to anything Bad.
Ok let me put it this way I would like to build a M49 with a 6S6B-V triode in point to point in a GT-2B Microphone Body or Tbone sct 700.
Does anybody have a Schemo?
Thank you
Best
You can do it exactly the same as shown in the schematic above. Nothing to adapt to 6s6b-v tube.

Just as Tab Funkenwerk could have credited the designer of the original circuit, and not deliberately avoid "Neumann" in order to slip through legal hole. The information is obviously not free, as it is meant to be used as advertising material for the company.

One could easily ask for it to be removed in this form as well, since product placement is not paid for. There is white market on this forum for that kind of stuff.

I don't think the OP meant to be disrespectful, he is as I European and not obsessed with legal implications of literally everything posted, said, and done. This kind of move can only hurt Tab Funkenwerk imho.

I'm not eve going into basing a company's business on ripping off other companies design, legacy, component/model names.... The only reason you're still in business is that Neumann doesn't even care.
Hi Kingkorg,
Oliver is the designer of the original alternate tube 5840 circuit! (Yes, it's similar to Neumann's using ac701)
(Likely you are unaware of the relationship Oliver had for many years with 2 of the designers of the M49 and ac701 as well the former president of Sennheiser USA)
You have stated completely false information, it's very clear you are making gross assumptions about Oliver and TAB. Why anyone would state such disrespectful things about another individual / company they obviously don't know or ever met is arrogant foolishness.

I thought this forum was mostly respectful music industry folks with a common interest in the truth of audio electronics, not slinging mud and proclaiming false accusations. Am I wrong?

Kingkorg making public statements that you believe, but have not bothered to seek the truth! What kind of behavior is this??

Extremely thankful majority of the people that knew Oliver including the customers are delightful to deal with, and do not behave with such arrogance!

Papa Tango Charlie, we did not presume ill intent. (it's easily overlooked when taking a screenshot)

I haven't mentioned the deceased, nor do i intend to. Nor do i have idea why you do. My comment is regarding your reply to the thread. I see that the paper copyright is dated 2019! I am simply asking why you havent credited the original designer/company this schematic is based on, since your work is obviously based on their vintage products, and piggybacking on their heritage. Since you are so diligent to monitor whom other people credit, i suggest you start with yourself.

Oliver had for many years with 2 of the designers of the M49 and ac701 as well the former president of Sennheiser USA
So former president of Sennheiser and two of the designers who's names you won't even mention (let alone credit for the design) were the owners of the patents, copyright, design, and not Georg Neumann or the Neumann as a company?

I am trying to be respectful to Georg Neumann and the original designers here. And I am talking to YOU here, who ever you might be. So please don't bring in the name of the deceased, who has nothing to do with this discussion or the 2019 copyright!

Kingkorg, you're missing a great deal of information here.
Any references of Oliver or TAB is the same, the content on the website it's all Oliver's work/design. It is not about me at all!

Oliver's website and Company continues to exist due to his friends and wonderful customers around the world.

Kingkorg you seem intelligent, but seriously lack understanding of Oliver, TAB, or Atelier Magnetics. Be polite, get informed if you like, it's the most proper action.

Oliver is the designer of the original alternate tube 5840 circuit!
This is not an independent design but a slight adaptation to another, quite similar tube. The actual design work was done by Neumann or their employees. If the corresponding credits are supposedly so important to you, why are they not mentioned? What does the former boss of Sennheiser USA have to do with this?

Overall, it seems to me that the original developers and rights holders come up very short on the websites mentioned. Most "designs" are based on other people's intellectual property. Keyword Braunbuch. If I were on such thin moral ice, I would be a bit more careful. Frankly, I don't feel these attempts to rewrite the history of German audio technology are ethically correct. Commercial interests seem to be in the foreground here, but the truth is different. I don't go along with that.

Bonnie, it would be nice if you would hold back on your unwarranted general accusations against this community.

Who are you actually, who are you speaking for here? Shareholder, employee or just an "important" person?

"Adaptation of the Olivier Archut circuit for a 6S6B-V M49C"​

I really don't understand what the fuss is about, the title of the thread gives credit to the schematic originally shown.
As a side note years ago i sent my V76 to TAB Funkenwerk for service, after 8 month wait i got it back loose in a cardboard box
completely smashed externally and internally. It was sent back and eventually repaired but the bent chassis reminds me every day of the less than precise practices of that shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back