1:4 SUT needed for SE 2P29L > 2a3 amp

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

les24preludes

I build with DHTs and presently have a SE amp with 2P29L input and 2a3 output. It needs x3 or x4 gain, so looking to find a good step-up transformer.

Source is a AK4490 DAC with op-amp output, nominal 2V line level. At present I use a Hammond 124B SUT in 1:3. OK but looking for better.

So suggestions please! I'm in London UK, so shipping + taxes have to be considered if source is the USA, but open to everything.

Hammond is good value in the UK - they do broadcast SUTs. Looking at 1140-LN-C, 560L and 560N for instance.

Usual suspects would include Lundahl but they're expensive. Sowter do 8540 and 4383 for instance. I see UTC on sale, especially A-20 - does that suit the circuit?

Maybe Cinemag and Jensen but I'd prefer to buy used or cheaper since I'm still experimenting with the design. Again, open to ideas. Or something Asian.....?

What do you guys think?

Andrew Evans, Kensington London UK.

2P29L+SUT1.png

The 1140-LN-C looks good, and for some reason it's available at half the price here compared to Mouser or other shops. Seems like a good deal right now.

Latest posts

Back