1073 1084 faceplate dimensions

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john12ax7

Probably something that has been been covered but I can't seem to find the exact dimensions of the 1073 and 1084 faceplates.  They seem about 5U high (8.75") by around 1.7 or 1.8" wide.

Also how narrow could they reasonably be made to accommodate things? 1.5"?

I am imagining a sort of frankenstein console so thinking of how everything would all for together.

The original Neve 1073 and similar modules were 5U high and 50mm wide. Later Neve designs used 35mm wide modules and I seem to rememeber early ones of these had external output transformers. They did however use different amplifier boards to the 1073.. Note: 35mm is 1.38 inches. 1.5 inches is 38.1 mm so it might be feasible to fit a 1073 in a 1.5 inch module.

Cheers

Ian

john12ax7 said:
Thanks. So it would seem the transformer would determine the minimum width. And also the size of the panel switches.
Yes. When I was there I do not rememeber the 35mm modules using any different switches to the original 50mm modules. They did change the knobs to those horrible aluminium ones though.

Cheers

Ian

Back