1176 boards - availabe

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lepurp

Some time ago I made some surplus circuit boards available to some people on Recpit. I have just made some new boards and I am now offering a packaged kit.

it is at the bottom of:

http://www.purpleaudio.com/Product/MC77.html

Also I noticed that the ITT number that is being touted at the right one for ratio and meter switches is wrong.

It is on this site somewhere and on the NRGrecording site as
F-15-04-4U-GR-N-F1501-N-01-B-AG NN

4th Position 4U - means 4PDT - you don't need 4P
6th position N mean not sealed - I guess that is OK - but they oxidize faster

It should be
F-15-04-2U-GR-TB-F1501-N-01-B-AG

I should know i've order hundreds.
Also the mention of Hoyt meters on the NRG site is wrong
it is not the C-7679

it is actually the 3125 VU meter
They make much better meters than modutec and they are more reasonable.

At last !!

:green: :green: :green:

yes it is a happy Kev.
In the abscence of my beloved Tech Talk I am glad you chose to release it here, or am I jumping the gun only to find you have put it on all the usual forums ??

Anyway, a very big welcome to the LAB,
as it is good to see you here.

This is very cool. I'll definitely buy two sometime within the next year (I'll need to finish some other projects first).

Thanks for anouncing this! :thumb:

What's the estimate cost for the whole project?... After buying the other parts not included in the kit? (assuming reasonable choices in components, i.e. no $50 switches or knobs).

[quote author="gyraf"]Actually, this post belongs in the "Black Market", don't it....[/quote]

yeah
you are probably right

I'm glad Andrew did post it here cos I would have missed it in the Black Market as I never go there.

To owel and the question to " ... i.e. no $50 switches or knobs ".
The four way push switch might be trouble and Knobs are always your choice anyway.

Hi Andrew.

Thank you for the information!! (i'd corrected this on my site)
I haven't ever ordered the parts so i don't know if they're correct,
I grabbed them from a posting in a forum i think.
Usually i order these parts from you! :wink: (a friend had done a little group order for knobs and switches)

Kind regards,
Frank.

really cool KIT! :thumb:

I am sorry if I posted it in the wrong place.

I am sure the meters that I use is the hoyt 3125

It is hard to give you a total on the parts cost -
it depends how you do some things.

$250 seems a bit much for a PCB, output transformer, and some diodes. I guess some of that must be going to R&D.

Any reason not to just go with the G1176?

[quote author="lepurp"]
It is hard to give you a total on the parts cost -
it depends how you do some things.[/quote]

I know that... what I'm asking is what's the price range total on this project? approx $500? $1500? $2000? more or less?????

We know the PCB and some parts is already $250, so the $500 total may be unrealistic... or are they? More like $800??? $1000???

I haven't downloaded your parts list yet, I guess I can price them at digikey if I want to get a near ballpark figure.

If a guy's budget is $400, can he complete this project? Yes/No?
What about $600, $800, or $1000 budget?

I built two of these last year...

in my experience you can figure about two for one.. meaning you can build two for the price of one retail or one at about half the price of retail

figure the range sitting somewhere between $500-$800 each this all depends on the VU meter you choose.. the chassis the front panel, etc...

oh and imho "kit" type products certainly arent the cheapest rout...your paying for the conveinience of the sourcing etc.. being done for you... wether its a PCB, or perhaps he had to order 5000 T-atten to meet manufaacture requirements..

[quote author="kato"]$250 seems a bit much for a PCB, output transformer, and some diodes. I guess some of that must be going to R&D.

Any reason not to just go with the G1176?[/quote]

Well, first off, the purple boards are roomier allowing fatter resistors to be used. This is only important if you want to go for the best parts. The MC76 has a class A output the G1176 does not. When I finish building the two MC76s I started I'll compare the sound with my two G1176's. Scenaria built two great units that look incredible but he had custom front panels made. Remember it all adds up quickly. I have about 80% percent of the parts for TWO (2) units and I'm over 412 bucks. This includs two custom made front panels that Scenaria offered. So figure in the Vu meters and the enclosure and attenuators/potentiometers and the price can vary. If you want to build a first class unit like scenaria then yes your looking at about half the cost of the unit from manufacturer. Then MC77 retails for 1600 I think.

Latest posts

Back