1176 Rev D Slow attack knob mod

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wired all my pots off-board for the MS76 I'm afraid, didn't use the control PCB. It took a while!

If you have trouble finding a pot that matches the footprint, you might be able to find ome that's shallower than all your other controls and just wire that one off-board.

I wired all my pots off-board for the MS76 I'm afraid, didn't use the control PCB. It took a while!

If you have trouble finding a pot that matches the footprint, you might be able to find ome that's shallower than all your other controls and just wire that one off-board.

Thanks for the info! I think I will mount the replacement pot off-pcbs as you suggest. The slower attack range with extra slow on a switch sounds very useful

As long as your replacement is the same physical dimensions as the pot supplied in the kit, it should just be a matter of substituting the one with the other. It works with the 1176 circuit, as earlier posts in this thread attest. No issues that I've encountered.
Thanks for replying TwentyTrees -- I missed your earlier post about the 250 log pot and first half of rotation--- I've found a 100k lin pot that will fit , still searching for other options , and I'm not sure whether I'll try lin or log. How would you describe the "slower half" of the rotation of the log pot for attack?

Back