1176LN - Non fitting transformers

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikro

I have made the 1176LN-pcb directly from Gyratecs pdf-file and everything looks great, but for the transformers... The pins does not match the holes in the pcb. The far out pins differ about 1-2mm from the holes, if the middle pins fits in the holes. What has gone wrong? Something when I printed the pdf-file?

What is the best solution? To drill knew holes and add some wire to connect the transformers to the board? Or to bend the pins to fit the holes?

/Niklas :?:

Jakob's DIY page says:
"just remember NOT to use the "fit to page" option in acrobat when printing." :wink:

Do the opamps fit into the pcb very well?
I wouldn't bend the legs of the transformers! If you have some bread board around just mount them offboard. I think someone tried to glue the transformer upside down to the case with silicone, don't know if this works well, at least it don't look well :wink:

As you tried to set the pcb layout to the eurcoard pcb... wasn't the pcb layout too big?
gruebeln.gif

Frank.

ahem... which transformers do you have?
FRAGE.GIF

Hi Nikro,

And welcome to "The Lab"

Yes, the best solution is to drill a new row of holes in the PCB. The transformers dosen't like having their pins bent.

As frank says, there's probably something that gone astray when printing..

Jakob E.

Thank you for your replies! Now I have a solution!

And you're probably right when you're saying that the problem lies in the printing... But the other component placing are ok, also the ICs, so I guess that the problem arises proportional to the distance.

By the way, does anyone have any further information about two (old?) Lundahl transformers than there is to find on Lundahl's homepage? They only presents the pin configuration... The transformers are LL3815 input transformer and LL3814 output transformer.

/Niklas

Latest posts

Back