3mm thick bakelite PCB

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha ! awesome stories !
If I steer away from vintage correct PCB I'd rather have a regular 1.6mm epoxy one, and call it a day. I have never tried 3D printing an actual PCB with conductive filament, but I know it can be done. I guess it's OK with tiny digital currents or small LEDs or such, but I don't about the tube circuit I want to build ?

I have been doing quite a lot of plotter cutting like in the video above with various adhesive foils and sometimes I can be a bit tricky and fragile.
I think the better solution would gluing the whole copper sheet and then slowly milling.

I'll see what I can do, but I'd like to DIY it, for sure ! Because of the fun, and of the looks.
I will keep you posted with my experiments, and hopefully some results

Last edited:
So I ended up milling a regular PCB, as I was in a bit of a hurry. Here are some pics

And for those really interested in audio and circuits, the build ended up well. I was able to use this DIYed pair along with 4 orig units, making a total of 6 preamp in a 3U rack enclosure. Gain is a bit limited but the tone is very nice, I like them a lot. The circuit is stock but I added in switchable input and output pad and a phase reverse switch.

Back