500/51X Series SLQ51X SSL styled 4000 EQ / Filter

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

Kevin

White Market Member
Hello. I'd like to start by saying I'm loving the browny i recently built (Considering a second)

I have noticed a curious phenomenon that possibly has an easy explanation. Hoping someone here might instantly know what is occurring.

When I send a line level signal into the CAPI VP28 and then into the LINK. There is a big difference in signal when toggling bypass on the LINK... ~ 10db. I have 2 vp28s and they both do the same thing. I tried different cables, same result.
When i send the signal straight to the LINK the bypass works as intended.

Any ideas?.. cheers
With the unit bypassed, you should have same level as send in to the unit. So this sounds like one of the Relays is maybe not switching. Check all Diodes if they work and then if both relays are click when switching. The unit itself when its on, should not do any gain - the tolerance is around 0.5 dB difference.

Cockola

With the unit bypassed, you should have same level as send in to the unit. So this sounds like one of the Relays is maybe not switching. Check all Diodes if they work and then if both relays are click when switching. The unit itself when its on, should not do any gain - the tolerance is around 0.5 dB difference.
Thanks for the quick reply. When i go straight from interface to EQ the bypass works perfectly. It only changes when I put a VP28 in between.

I should probably have mentioned that when configuring the LINK I accidentally inserted the unit (badly) into the chassis while it was powered, which fried RP6. Maybe I killed something else as well.

I will try to work out how to best test these things.

thanks

z11111

GDIY Supporter
Hi all,

Ordered these a while ago from Kevin and finally finished building them out and have used them on a couple of mixes. Ran into 0 problems during the building process — instructions were so detailed and easily one of the best DIY kits I’ve ever built! Calibration was super simple and they’re doing a fantastic job on kick drum and bass guitar. A+ would highly recommend.

thanks for a great product, Kevin!

Attachments

• A87B1E28-A617-49C9-B0AC-73C2D0B991E8.jpeg
    A87B1E28-A617-49C9-B0AC-73C2D0B991E8.jpeg
    262.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 9FE1B73C-5A23-4364-ABE7-B2B9C9C77CF7.jpeg
    9FE1B73C-5A23-4364-ABE7-B2B9C9C77CF7.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 14

minor_glitch

Hey, quick question. Just got a pair of the black kits through DIYRE and I'm wondering which version of the build guide to use. Rev A and rev B both show photos of the rev A boards.

Also, the rev A guide says to leave out C6 and shows it crossed out. The Rev b guide uses the same photo of C6 crossed out (bottom of pg3), but doesn't say to leave it out. Wrong photo?

Thanks!

Kevin

White Market Member
yes the pictures in REV B guide are wrong. I already doing the soldering for the pictures to change them ;) In REV B there are just the parts you need, nothing leaving out .