500 Front Panel & L-Bracket

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imloggedin

Anyone know where I can get a 500 series front panel & L-bracket with PCB size specifications for my own DIY 500 series project (in the U.S.)? Thanks

You would still need to mill or drill the bracket for your needs, so the results would be dependent on your machining skills.
if OP is willing to order from outside of the US, I've had frank at frontpanels.de mill brackets that required precision beyond what i could reliably do with a hand drill, and it didnt cost a whole lot extra

Anyone know where I can get a 500 series front panel & L-bracket with PCB size specifications for my own DIY 500 series project (in the U.S.)? Thanks
If you have the complete mechanical details and dimensions of what you are looking for, I could easily create a mechanical design of the sheet-metal and then turn you on to a handful of "low-volume/prototype" sheet-metal fabricators here in the U.S.A. to have what you need to be made at a relatively low-cost.

In reality, you need to belong to some type of "API Consortium" in order to obtain all of the mechanical and PCB requirements for the API 500-Series modules. Somehow and somewhere, I was able to obtain those specifications, but unfortunately, that information is on another computer of mine that died about 2-1/2 years ago and I need to remove its hard-drives to transfer all of my design data over to these new backup drives I recently purchased. It's just something else that I need to do. sigh.....

Anyway.....if you want some help.....just give me a SHOUT!!!

/

Attachments

• JBW-Designed -- 2D & 3D Mechanical Detail Drawings - Cables-Foam-Sheet-Metal.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 40
  • JBW-Designed - 3U Rack-Chassis (6-Views) & 2 10-Layer PCB's + VME Chassis.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 22
  • JBW-Designed - RACK STUFF -- Assemblies-Chassis-Enclosures-Panels-Systems.pdf
    6.2 MB · Views: 23
  • ION Camera Yoke & Tail Pivoting Assembly - 2020.pdf
    365.9 KB · Views: 14
Back