500 series Level-Loc project

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't any of the online distributors ship to your country?
I guess you could wire in another kind of DPDT  switch...
Or try to buy one from a fellow member here through the Black Market page.

Good luck!
//M

Thank you! Yes, they can ship to my country, but it is soooo expensive... Thats what I was thinking, just wire another DPDT. Are the six pins used? I mean, is it a DPDT or I can use a SPDT? In the layout, are the three bottom pins unused?
Thank you very much again!

Really you could just skip it and not have a bypass.
What country are you in? I can see if I have one in my parts bin.

Ok, skipping it is another option. I'm from Spain, so I think it's waaay far, but thank you anyway

Yes, I found some of them, but it is like 10$ each and 8$ the shipment, it hurts... Keep searching...

My pair lives on my Drum Bus and will stay there... I love how they bring out the sustain while not ruining the Impact.
I once Bought an A-Design Nail for that duty... What can I say: The 1500€ box lost against 200€ of DIY.

Is the same guy still selling these kits? Sent him a mail, but did not get any response... I would like a pair of Level-Locs for my 511 Rack!

Ok! I have two kits and one of them is fully working! Sounds really good and fun. But the other one has a problem somewhere. I think its around Q4, because I have strange voltage values around it comparing with the other kit, but I have already checked soldering and components like 2000 times. I'll keep checking tomorrow...

Done! Bad capacitor! Both channels working and making good noise. Fun project, I have learned a lot. Thank you all for your help and specially to Ian for making all of this.

Eliani said:
I'm still hoping for a reply on my quest to acquire the PCB's/kits/device!!

Have you tried to send Marek who made the PCB's and frontpanels a mail?
His contact info is in reply #51 in this thread.

Best
//M

hi I'm currently tackling this project and I'm very excited about to complete . got all the parts and currently laying them
down . my question is , i plan to use this off the 500 series rack , i don't own one so i just wanted to use regular 1/4 input and output
but i need to know where exact this is located in the schematic and layout . i looked at the schematic provided but it has a few ins and out an i don't know which are the main ones needed . can anyone shine a light here please . ? :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
also i heard the original ran at 9v . if so i wan to be able to plug in straight with an ac/dc adaptor
it would be so much easier if" i owned a 500rack lol " but at the moment i don't heave the cash for it
thank for all your helpful posts this project looks amazing
abe

Hi  delaystomper. The pinout is the regular 500 connection:
pin  2 Output +
pin 4 Output -
pin 8 input -
pin 10 input +
pin 12 +DC
pin 13 power ground
pin 14 - DC

hi kank thanks for the reply .
i tried connecting the unit as you listed but i did not get compressed signal through also
only one side of the led turned on and the volume pot did not seem to function
im curious about all the rest of the ground connections listen the schematic
example:
ground4
-9v1

and whats is
ub-ret and ub-ret1
ub-out and ub-out
ub send
my plan for this was to use it outside of the 500 series set up because i don't own one
basically i want to use it as an effect pedal type of set up . I'm ok with the unit not being true bypass.
can you guys help me out on what changes need to be done ?
thanks a bunch

Back