525 build thread

Help Support GroupDIY:

peter purpose

Let's get started with a BOM

http://www.twin-x.com/groupdiy/albums/userpics/525bomupdt3~0.pdf updated again.

and schematic...

525Cschem21sm.jpg

okgb

Nice Work Peter , thanks for your time on that

Of course it would be good to order all the parts and be
ready for when the boards come !

Rob Flinn

Peter (me ol' fruit)

Any chance of having this file in excel spreadsheet format ?? Make it a bit easy when trying to work out the cost of parts etc.

rafafredd

Hey Peter, are you also using a 2520 for the input opamp? These makes for 4 2520s for each unit. Serious job, if all opamps are DIY.

Ptownkid

[quote author="rafafredd"]Hey Peter, are you also using a 2520 for the input opamp? These makes for 4 2520s for each unit. Serious job, if all opamps are DIY.[/quote]

I think it's 3 per 525...

peter purpose

Rafa.. copy of a UREI 5 transistor op amp on the front end. Pcb included in the set.

Rob.. No. You're on your own.

gyraf

Staff member
For A3, the sidechain-transformer driver, it'd probably be enough to use a standard opamp with a couple of BD139/140 power booster transistors.

Question: Why not a simple 10K:10K input transformer instead of additional opamp stuff?

Jakob E.

peter purpose

[quote author="gyraf"]
Question: Why not a simple 10K:10K input transformer instead of additional opamp stuff?

Jakob E.[/quote]

Room on the board Jakob.
normal_OL.jpg

Large.. http://www.twin-x.com/groupdiy/albums/userpics/OL.jpg

Greg

Been studying this schem getting ready for the build, and I don't understand what Q5 is doing. Can someone explain?

At first I didn't understand the bias of Q1, but I read the datasheet and it cleared that up.

rafafredd

Rafa.. copy of a UREI 5 transistor op amp on the front end. Pcb included in the set.

Nice. I like that simple opamp, it´s almost the same as the Quad8 AM4. Sounds good, and is very simple.

mnats

[quote author="Greg"]Been studying this schem getting ready for the build, and I don't understand what Q5 is doing. Can someone explain?[/quote]
At first glance it looks like it is adding an AC signal to the gate to reduce distortion.

edanderson

since peter started his project, i've been working on getting some ap2623 type transformers made. unfortunately, the first supplier i was working with backed out after a few weeks, so now i am a bit behind.

i don't want to discourage anyone from going ahead and buying transformers. but i should have something good available in a few weeks. until then, please do not contact me. as soon as they are available i will post to this thread and post to the black market.

ed

Latest posts