600 Ohm inputs

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Learned alot of awesome stuff on this DIY SITE and I have experienced your argumentative nature on every post I've made. Your input leaves a sour taste in my mouth and makes me sad for others. No comment about me calling you out on being a commercial equipment designer with commercial interest in selling sub par equipment to customers who don't know better and praying on people's lack of knowledge instead of enlightening them.
[and praying on people's lack of knowledge] -- By the way.....in this instance, this word is spelled as being "preying".....just so you know in the future!!! You're welcome!!!

/

[and praying on people's lack of knowledge] -- By the way.....in this instance, this word is spelled as being "preying".....just so you know in the future!!! You're welcome!!!

/
What's up with the colors?

By the way, not all of us are native English speakers, so you might want to take it easy with the spelling and grammar virtue signaling, and maybe appreciate the fact that the entire world is trying to speak your language, and if it is not your language, maybe you shouldn't be throwing stones either....

To me.....your comments come across as being "overly-righteous" and a bit "arrogant"!!! CALM DOWN!!!

/
Maybe you should follow your own advice before calling others overly-rightgeous and arrogant....

Last edited:
What's up with the colors?

By the way, not all of us are native English speakers, so you might want to take it easy with the spelling and grammar virtue signaling, and maybe appreciate the fact that the entire world is trying to speak your language, and if it is not your language, maybe you shouldn't be throwing stones either....

Maybe you should follow your own advice before calling others overly-rightgeous and arrogant....
[What's up with the colors?] -- Perhaps it wasn't obvious to you, but my use of the colors was to specifically point out a particular word and the different spelling between the two words that sound alike, but are spelled differently. I am so sorry that you have taken such offense in my expressive writing technique!!!

[not all of us are native English speakers] -- I understand that and that is perfectly fine with me!!! But, at the same time, at least within my many experiences of interfacing with "non-native English speakers"..... those people have appreciated being told about their English grammar and spelling errors so they are able to learn from them and become better with their usage of the English language. But.....those are just my experiences. (NOTE: The English language is the worldwide standard language used within the aviation industry so all air-pilots are able to travel to any airport in the world and be understood, not only by other air-pilots, but also by the local Air Traffic Controllers within any country!!! Unfortunately, depending upon how closely you follow the news, if at all.....there are plenty of articles and even YouTube videos detailing tragic air-accidents that have killed hundreds upon hundreds of people because an air-pilot or ATC person misunderstood a single English word and crashed their airliner!!! So.....while you have taken offense to my correcting - Cranehazard - for pointing out the difference between the two different spellings of the same-sounding words.....perhaps they have appreciated the correction and is now happy with knowing the difference. Who knows???).

[appreciate the fact that the entire world is trying to speak your language] -- And.....I certainly do appreciate the fact that English is the most widely-spoken language on the planet Earth, sadly followed by "Chinese Mandarin" as a close second!!! Meaning.....as China continues on its "World Domination" quest, (beginning in 2025) we will >> ALL << be speaking Chinese in the distant future.....whether we like it or not!!!

[follow your own advice before calling others overly-rightgeous] -- OK.....my bad!!! I made a simple typo while typing my comment at 4:00AM my time!!! So.....shoot me!!!

In the end.....you come across and sound like you are just an -- angry -- person!!! WOW!!!

/

[not all of us are native English speakers] -- I understand that and that is perfectly fine with me!!! But, at the same time, at least within my many experiences of interfacing with "non-native English speakers"..... those people have appreciated being told about their English grammar and spelling errors so they are able to learn from them and become better with their usage of the English language. But.....those are just my experiences. (NOTE: The English language is the worldwide standard language used within the aviation industry so all air-pilots are able to travel to any airport in the world and be understood, not only by other air-pilots, but also by the local Air Traffic Controllers within any country!!! Unfortunately, depending upon how closely you follow the news, if at all.....there are plenty of articles and even YouTube videos detailing tragic air-accidents that have killed hundreds upon hundreds of people because an air-pilot or ATC person misunderstood a single English word and crashed their airliner!!! So.....while you have taken offense to my correcting - Cranehazard - for pointing out the difference between the two different spellings of the same-sounding words.....perhaps they have appreciated the correction and is now happy with knowing the difference. Who knows???).
You were sarcastic, you weren't just "trying to help"

[follow your own advice before calling others overly-rightgeous] -- OK.....my bad!!! I made a simple typo while typing my comment at 4:00AM my time!!! So.....shoot me!!!

In the end.....you come across and sound like you are just an -- angry -- person!!! WOW!!!

/
I didn't mean a typo, I meant that you are the one being arrogant yet you are calling others arrogant, and now you are calling me angry. Stop it.

Americans (and Australians) do not speak 'English' but a close relative such that in the main, things are readily understood. Differences mostly being covered by humour and the whole purpose being to communicate wishes and intentions between people. Using a common (and understood) word set is more efficient than smiling and waving arms around but in some circumstances the overriding definition of words has to be defined (using an ENGLISH dictionary and legal terms for the relevant territories for example). I work with many Europeans and regard inaccuracies of translation with interest, wondering where the words that were chosen originated from but would not criticise them, because I now live in France and struggle massively with words that have a common root, sound similar but have different meanings. There are something like 750,000 words in the Oxford English dictionary of which many only use a few thousand in their whole lives. I have been surprised that some French will use English words that went out of common English usage decades ago but are technically correct still.

You were sarcastic, you weren't just "trying to help"

I didn't mean a typo, I meant that you are the one being arrogant yet you are calling others arrogant, and now you are calling me angry. Stop it.
[Stop it] -- "Your Wish Is My Command"!!! And.....in the future.....I shall avoid you by all means possible, just as I do the COVID-19 virus!!! Your comments are no different than that of a deadly virus!!! BE GONE!!!

/

[Stop it] -- "Your Wish Is My Command"!!! And.....in the future.....I shall avoid you by all means possible, just as I do the COVID-19 virus!!! Your comments are no different than that of a deadly virus!!! BE GONE!!!

/
What in the world are you talking about?

What in the world are you talking about?
[What in the world are you talking about?] -- Earlier today and before I decided to respond to your posting, I got an updated booster vaccination and I am also wearing an -- N95 -- mask as I write this response, along with wearing medical-grade latex gloves, to your latest comment to me because I do not wish to become "infected" by any of your anger and/or arrogance or self-righteousness!!! In short.........................you're > NOT < worth responding to!!! BYE!!! BYE!!!

/

[What in the world are you talking about?] -- Earlier today and before I decided to respond to your posting, I got an updated booster vaccination and I am also wearing an -- N95 -- mask as I write this response, along with wearing medical-grade latex gloves, to your latest comment to me because I do not wish to become "infected" by any of your anger and/or arrogance or self-righteousness!!! In short.........................you're > NOT < worth responding to!!! BYE!!! BYE!!!

/
Dr Evil Whatever GIF

@MidnightArrakis - could you perhaps confine this sort of interactions to the brewery or GS?

Remember, attacking your fellow DIY'er is a no-go here (rule: "no personal attacks"). Even if you feel attacked yourself, this is never an excuse for attacking others.

/Jakob E.

Mr 12 o'clock, I tried several times to make you understand why many of your posts are deemed at least questionable, when not overtly aggressive. I believe you're too old to "change your stripes" as the proverbial tiger. Take example on the numerous posts here (except those in the Brewery) and analyse how and why most members manage courteous conversation.
We can't do your homework, and we don't want to supervise you. You already expressed and owned your rebellious nature; we have no obligation to accept nor nurture it.
Remember how Groucho Marx said he didn't want to join a club where he would be admitted? If you don't like it here, no one is forcing you to.

Last edited:
Mr 12 o'clock, I tried several times to make you understand why many of your posts are deemed at least questionable, when not overtly aggressive. I believe you're too old to "change your stripes" as the proverbial tiger. Take example on the numerous posts here (except those in the Brewery) and analyse how and why most members manage courteous conversation.
We can't do your homework, and we don't want to supervise you. You already expressed and owned your rebellious nature; we have no obligation to accept nor nurture it.
Remember how Groucho Marx said he didn't want to join a club where he would be admitted? If you don't like it here, no one is forcing you to.
[why many of your posts are deemed at least questionable] -- After quite a period of time, it seems as though how someone may react to any particular comment of mine is whether or not they "get it" or not!!! In other words, on whether or not that they understand my -- brand -- of "somewhat sarcastic humor"!!! I have been surprised by the number of -- Likes -- that many of my comments have received and I am guessing it is because those people either "get or understand" my humor and by giving me a "Like", that they apparently understand where it is that I am coming from.

Mr. user 37518 has taken my simple attempt to assist someone with some proper English usage, which is an item I have found that most non-English speaking people have appreciated and they have turned it into a "weapon" against me. So, I merely responded back to them using my normal "somewhat sarcastic humor" which they have then have raged against by using more of their own anger!!! I merely made a rather lame joke and then user 37518 came at me with flailing angry swords!!! I am guessing because they DO NOT understand where I am coming from and/or by manner of humor!!! To me.....that is > THEIR PROBLEM < and not mine, because other people on this forum > DO < understand my humor!!!

I have never seen what is inside the "Brewery", but it sounds to me as though it isn't a place that I would like to be.

On the other hand.....I have freely given members on this forum plenty of -- FREE -- advice and suggestions on mechanical and PCB designs. In addition, to those members who have sent me their various design files to review, I have also performed "thousands of dollars" of -- FREE -- design engineering work in order to help them get their personal projects going and/or workable. So.....I can't be ALL THAT BAD, can I???

And, finally.....as I have mentioned earlier.....I now do "tend to comment lightly" here on this forum ever since you have threatened to ban me from this forum on more than one occasion. So, again.....if someone on this forum decides to attack me because they don't understand my humor, that is > THEIR < problem, not mine!!!

/

..the 5402 as input was chosen at the time where very few options were available that could deliver the relatively low source resistance needed to drive the pultec circuit, so we traded some low end for good response to high boost.. If you have access to other low-Z input transformers, you can always try them to see if they suit your taste..

/Jakob E.

..the 5402 as input was chosen at the time where very few options were available that could deliver the relatively low source resistance needed to drive the pultec circuit, so we traded some low end for good response to high boost.. If you have access to other low-Z input transformers, you can always try them to see if they suit your taste..

/Jakob E.
Thanks for the explanation. I’m hoping to test the frequency response after the trafo this evening, as you previously suggested. Should I do this with or without the 10k loading resistor?

I suspect it may be sensible to move this over the the G-Pultec support thread, so if you’re ok with it Gyraf, I’ll post my results over there.

Latest posts

Back