67 Style Capsule (SONY C800G / Chandler REDD)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

distorter

Hello guys, could you recommend a good company that makes 67-style capsules? Capsules used in SONY C800G and Chandler REDD Mic are really good sounding to me. Does anyone know which 67-style capsules are they sourced from?

Thanks!

Can you elaborate on that claim? I mean that Neumann's QC is not good. My experience is totally opposite.
My old TLM 67’s capsule sounds much better than my U67 RI’s capsule. All my U87 ai’s capsules sound a little bit different.

My old TLM 67’s capsule sounds much better than my U67 RI’s capsule. All my U87 ai’s capsules sound a little bit different.
In that case you should write email to the Neumann support. They take care about it and I'm sure they will do their best to help their customer who owns so many microphones with the Neumann badge.

In that case you should write email to the Neumann support. They take care about it and I'm sure they will do their best to help their customer who owns so many microphones with the Neumann badge.
I just sold my U67 RI, as I don’t like the sound of it anyway😂

Not the same capsule as the one used on the vintage U67

You said a k87 is being used. That is what I responded to.

In fact a k87 is what was used in the vintage models of U87.

Just do some reading on this rather than keep replying.

The current U67 capsule has differences in comparison vintage, and there have in fact been several revisions, but I am just politely correcting your earlier mistaken claim that k87 are used in modern U67RI.

You said a k87 is being used. That is what I responded to.

In fact a k87 is what was used in the vintage models of U87.

Just do some reading on this rather than keep replying.

The current U67 capsule has differences in comparison vintage, and there have in fact been several revisions, but I am just politely correcting your earlier mistaken claim that k87 are used in modern U67RI.
Ok, k870 was used in modern U67 ai

Last edited:
Back