• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

A fair warning about Tat Purusha

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to first make a few things clear.. I am not here to slander, disrespect, upset, or agitate anyone. This is what I consider a public service announcement to the DIY community from a faithful member and longtime builder.

I have many builds under my belt which I believe should stand as my credentials of my long standing relationships with those in this community. They are as follows:

2- RecPro Pultecs
5 - Hairball 1176's (all variations)
4- universal audio 1108's
16 - CAPI api 312s
1 - CAPI VP28
1- SSL GBUS compressor
2 - u87i's
2 - u47's
plus countless other smaller less significant builds..

Also- I am VERY deep into a Drip Fairchild 670.. Which brings me to my point..

I purchased what was supposed to be a Fairchild 670 case from Tat Purusha. It showed up 8 months late, missing pieces, and with standoffs poorly tack welded in the wrong locations! The holes for the transformers are misaligned & crooked and do not correspond to the specifications on his website- or those from DRIP.

Not a big deal, it could be fixed right? Except he has been absolutely the most rude and short tempered person I've ever encountered in this community. Still, annoying but... Oh well?

The bad part... Instead of accepting a return, which he has flat out refused.. He has been promising a fixer panel for over 3 months now. He has yet to even start it. I've had it.

Unless you want to be taken for a ride by a careless man from another country who doesn't care about his product after he has your money- BUY ELSEWHERE and do not support this type of behavior and lack of customer support.

I feel robbed of $500.00 usd... Don't make the same mistake I did. Use collective cases or anyone else for that matter! Do not support Tat Purusha or DIY Racked!

AdoreaRecordingStudio said:
Not a big deal, it could be fixed right? Except he has been absolutely the most rude and short tempered person I've ever encountered in this community. Still, annoying but... Oh well?

Rude?
Yes that seems like purusha. He only cares about himself and money.

You got one thing wrong he is not from this community, Purusha was kicked out from this forum some years ago.

Im really sorry you had that experience and I still hope that purusha can do the right thing and fix matters with you, But unfortunately I cant say I would expect that from him.

There are reasons why he is not around here [ at least in public , I believe he trolls though ]
I would never give him another cent, buyer beware !

Unless you want to be taken for a ride by a careless man from another country who doesn't care about his product after he has your money- BUY ELSEWHERE and do not support this type of behavior and lack of customer support.

Does anybody want to be taken for a ride by a careless man from their own country? Groupdiy is full of members from all over the world. Many people only thinks about money and themself - even in your own country. Luckily, these people seem not to be around on Groupdiy for long.
Sad to hear you story, it seems like Purusha is not the person to make business with.

more on the "You bought it from me, you shoulda known better!" policy:

A new DIY project sees the light, sensing an opportunity P throws together a case, but - as with the Barry Porter EQ - he's not even in touch with any of the guys currently DIYing that EQ, thus asking for better photos of DaGoose's case so he can read the markings.

And once a case is declared ready for sale, you can buy it at your own risk - which is:

Thinking that a case which says "DRIP" on it will actually be compatible with its corresponding DRIP project.

I know Purusha had "some" problems with this community but from my experience I've never had problems with him.
I got three projects from him (none of them completely finished though): 2x 1084, 670 and DR-MQ5. I didn't encounter any of the problems you've mentioned  ???
For the Drip cases I know he is in contact with Gregory for every case (Greg told me)...
The cases he offers are made by a friend of him and when he runs out of them he usually waits for enough orders to be made.
... just from my perspective / knowledge (don't kill me) :)

Yeah just chiming in here, so take it or leave it.....I've bought an Igor sontec, and two igor 2254 cases/ faceplates from him and had a painless interchange. Pretty fast shipping as well. Obviously others haven't had this experience  though.

I purchased what was supposed to be a Fairchild 670 case from Tat Purusha. It showed up 8 months late, missing pieces, and with standoffs poorly tack welded in the wrong locations! The holes for the transformers are misaligned & crooked and do not correspond to the specifications on his website- or those from DRIP.

The bad part... Instead of accepting a return, which he has flat out refused.. He has been promising a fixer panel for over 3 months now. He has yet to even start it. I've had it.

I feel robbed of $500.00 usd... Don't make the same mistake I did. Use collective cases or anyone else for that matter! Do not support Tat Purusha or DIY Racked!

You could keep count, but he created his own site to do more business,
he had a white market ad here,  until he had to pay for it, which he didn't
I wouldn't call that a good grp member. this is even giving him too much credit
but there were " secret pcb project " which  he happily took for himself to sell, even though
they were not for public consumption from those who created them.

If anyone Loves him, simply go to his site and leave us alone , don't bother with us here
Purusha , you're probably making lots of money that you don't need to bother with here, so
Why bother, just go away.

Damn, are you serious? the only time I made business with him was for 2 la2a case and they were great. I had good communication, too.  :-[

Latest posts

Back