a question about speakers

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're going about this backwards unless you're just interested in the academic aspect of it.

In a design, you typically have a goal, for instance, I need to reach 90dB of audio, full range, at 10 meters and cover 120 degrees of dispersion.

From there you have some definite targets. Check out the frequency response of the drivers, check their efficiency, figure out what their max SPL is, then figure out what it would take to reach your goal, if it's even attainable with that specific driver. If not, move along.

Most portable PA style speakers have settled into 2-way designs for a reason.

Most high performance concert systems have evolved to what they are for a reason as well.

Just my 0.02

Years ago Bose had a portable "stick" style line-array speaker that claimed 180 degrees of dispersion. The speaker consisted of a dozen or so 2" drivers stacked on top of each other, but angled slightly left/right. As long as you were several feet away from it, the individual speakers combined and sounded unified. Once you got too close in, it started to sound weird. The 180 degrees of dispersion was....Optimistic. For low-frequency, they had to have a sub. Otherwise I don't think you would get much output below say 150hz or so.

Anyway...Have fun with it.

but i could build a 30 cm x 30 cm x 10 cm and have each little speaker it's own enclosure, so crosswalk wouldn't occur.
Just wanted to know, could 9 or so little speakerseach having their own LM386 mimic a single let's say 5 inch speaker witch also needs an amp.
What would happen, just out of curiosity. would it be good for a "birthday" party.
The first and biggest problem you'll be facing is these speakers have a very small efficiency, like about less than 90dB/1W/1m.
Putting several of them in a single box will increase sensitivity, by virtue of reshaping the radiation pattern, but never enough to reach a decent level compared to a decent 12" that runs close to 100dB/1W/1m. This difference means 100 times more power is needed for the less sensitive.
Again, this is a very well documented subject, but I won't recommand reading about it, because you just don't listen and do whatever you fancy.

hehehe, yeah.

Well i opened this thread and magically the guy's dauchter (i think) published a new video today, he must have heard me.
He is probably happy he build that his daughter is publishing it.

but someone apparently build that what I'm curious to know.
it want have the pressure of a commercial speaker in a bar, but i believe they could be exceptional clear or neutral, not pushing that "little" speaker, but having it halfway.

the new trend is to build speakers out of cardboard / paper.

these "crappy" mike's are probably the best engineered microphones on the planet, exceeding the budget of Neuman and everyone else by far.
It's a multi billion us$ industry. they work so wel, you get adds on your computer from people who wearing smarthphone's in their pockets (not realizing) you have spoken somewhere outside away from home.
: )

hehehe, yeah.

Well i opened this thread and magically the guy's dauchter (i think) published a new video today, he must have heard me.
He is probably happy he build that his daughter is publishing it.
good daughter
but someone apparently build that what I'm curious to know.
it want have the pressure of a commercial speaker in a bar, but i believe they could be exceptional clear or neutral, not pushing that "little" speaker, but having it halfway.
Build one and you will hear what we have been trying to tell you.
the new trend is to build speakers out of cardboard / paper.
I don't know how new... Back in the late 50s early 60s I made my first stereo speakers for my bedroom record player by mounting two cheap drivers into the cardboard boxes they came in... I recall the speakers had tiny alnico magnets about the size of my thumb.
these "crappy" mike's are probably the best engineered microphones on the planet, exceeding the budget of Neuman and everyone else by far.
It's a multi billion us$ industry.
do you have some data? The Chinese microphones I bought to use in my drum tuner were around $1 ea in quantity. Not exactly hifi but good enough to pick up drum head vibrations (limited frequency range). These seemed pretty generic, perhaps knockoffs copied from real microphone designs.
they work so wel, you get adds on your computer from people who wearing smarthphone's in their pockets (not realizing) you have spoken somewhere outside away from home.
huh.... you can block ads.

JR

huh.... you can block ads.

JR
it's not about blocking adds (that want and will not help you from being analyzed by Google's A.I computer power, the biggest computer on the planet, Skynet), it's about that you get recognized by other and sometimes strange people devices you meet somewhere.
Google has analyzed your psychology, voice and everything else and it's patented.

Once i went to a shopping mall without any device, yet the same day Google let me know that i was in that Shopping mall, some 25 km from here.
let's of people have serious problems with reading or understanding what they read hence the density of smartphone/tables.

giving the impression that these companies intercept security camera's feeds.

Blah.

Blah blah.

Blah blah blah.
do you have a Gmail account and have you logged in on YouTube?

scroll down the YouTube site, do that several times a day, do that everyday be surprised.
Pretty sure you will find remarkable items after some times.
That's the only way to find out how much they know about your psychology properties google know knows about you.
Make that your daily habbit, scan the whole page of youtube (scrol down and start over again) and what they serve you.

These companies, like Facebook witch owns whatsapp have interesting patens, like listenening to your tv, predict your future, analyze your daily routines, analize your psychology.

Opinion | What 7 Creepy Patents Reveal About Facebook ...

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/06/21/opinion/sunday/facebook-patents-privacy.html
https://patents.google.com › patent › US8825764B2 › en

US8825764B2 - Determining user personality characteristics ...

The inferred personality characteristics are stored in connection with the user's profile, and may be used for targeting, ranking, selecting versions of products, and various other purposes....

https://patents.google.com › patent › US20160316341A1 › en

US20160316341A1 - Routine deviation ... - Google Patents

US20160316341A1 - Routine deviation notification - a method includes accessing a log associated with a user. The log includes a number of entries that each...

People that use a smartphones are not aware of what they are doing, because they wouldn't continue with that after reading these.

Not blah, blah = pure reality and patented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back