AC Sound Pi-3141 Pre-Order (PYE Comp) 2nd Round!! PREORDER OPEN!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Abe,

Thanks for making this project available.  Sorry if I missed it, but is there a power supply PCB with this?  If not, what is the power requirement?  I'm probably going to buy a pair of PCB's. 

Thanks,

Scott

sliebers said:
Hi Abe,

Thanks for making this project available.  Sorry if I missed it, but is there a power supply PCB with this?  If not, what is the power requirement?  I'm probably going to buy a pair of PCB's. 

Thanks,

Scott

Hi Scott,
Good point I forgot to mention. The power supply is built on board. Thanks for the interest and bringing it up
Best,
Abe

G-Sun said:
What are the features/knobs?
Ratio? Levelling? Limiting? Time?

Edit: Ok, here on p.2 I see some nice photos :)

What is attack-time like?
Is it suitable for stepped mastering version?
What are the dc/psu-requirements? Anything onboard?

What I think I like best about the pye is its built in attack time, using digital compressors, It seems hard for me to dial in the correct attack...either its killing the "life" of the sound or its letting strange pointy stuff through. With the pye its a very natural "pop" on snare and a very nice enhancement of acoustic guitars etc....I guess I'm an attack snob, when I love everything to be punchy and big and the pye designers really aced it on this one. According to the manual the attack time in compression mode is 0.5ms and then limiting it is 1ms. Sounds nice to me! Then it has variable release so you can dial in what sort of tone you want it to have....1176 all buttons in mode style push and suck to just smoothly controlling levels.

Very ripe for a stepped pot mastering version, power is one 22V power rail, built  on board.
:)
Best,
Abe

Paid 2 pcbs!
Thanks for making this project available.
It would be great to have the manual and BOM before arrival of pcbs, because many parts (eg transformers) are not available in Europe (as Cinemag')...

Thanks!

abechap024 said:
G-Sun said:
What are the features/knobs?
Ratio? Levelling? Limiting? Time?

Edit: Ok, here on p.2 I see some nice photos :)

What is attack-time like?
Is it suitable for stepped mastering version?
What are the dc/psu-requirements? Anything onboard?

What I think I like best about the pye is its built in attack time, using digital compressors, It seems hard for me to dial in the correct attack...either its killing the "life" of the sound or its letting strange pointy stuff through. With the pye its a very natural "pop" on snare and a very nice enhancement of acoustic guitars etc....I guess I'm an attack snob, when I love everything to be punchy and big and the pye designers really aced it on this one. According to the manual the attack time in compression mode is 0.5ms and then limiting it is 1ms. Sounds nice to me! Then it has variable release so you can dial in what sort of tone you want it to have....1176 all buttons in mode style push and suck to just smoothly controlling levels.

Very ripe for a stepped pot mastering version, power is one 22V power rail, built  on board.
Best,
Abe
Thanks!
You've got me drooling.. :)

dandeurloo said:
Let me know if you get any brokerage fees going into Canada.  You shouldn't.  That is one of the main reasons I and a lot of others use USPS instead of Fedex and UPS who always charge brokerage fees. 

Anyway, I'm glad you guys like the cases.  I personally love the look of them.  Its nice to work on something as cool as the PYE compressors. 

Be sure to try them on toms and acoustic guitars. :)

Got here the on Friday! Looks fantastic! No additional fees!
Thanks.

I have a question...
I understand this is a pre order, and it has already promptly closed, but will there be any more boards and any of the hard to find parts available in the future?

Perhaps late spring or early summer?

Thank you, great looking board you have.

headstack said:
I have a question...
I understand this is a pre order, and it has already promptly closed, but will there be any more boards and any of the hard to find parts available in the future?

Perhaps late spring or early summer?

Thank you, great looking board you have.

From what I understood, yes.

I believe there was also even a potential for future kits. But I could be wrong.

I believe this is just the beginning of the DIY Pye ;)

Bom up on the build thread :)

http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=43351.0

there are a few more boards available for people just finding out about it.

abechap024 said:
PCBs are in BTW getting them organized to ship out.

Sorry if this is a bit offtopic...
I've ordered two sets of PYE boards. Could you pack in the same postal package replacement tube pcbs for PRR176? I've got three sets of 176 boards - that's six tube pcbs.

I should have PYE front panels back from the silk screener on the 15th.  So I should be able to ship them soon after that. 

Latest posts

Back