"Account is awaiting approval"

Help Support GroupDIY:

Ricardus

I have a FB friend who says he has been trying to register for months and keeps getting the message "Account is awaiting approval"

Any ideas what's up with that?

JohnRoberts

Staff member
Ricardus said:
I have a FB friend who says he has been trying to register for months and keeps getting the message "Account is awaiting approval"

Any ideas what's up with that?
The forum was open and accepting new members from 7/15 to 7/23 when Ethan shut it down again to stop spammers. There were some 40-50 new member accounts that signed up over that period, but only 4 or 5 appear to be actual active members.

Ethan is working on forum software upgrades to manage this better, but he is very busy right now. Please be patient.

JR

Ricardus

I just asked him his username. But as a passionate DIY guy, MONTHS seems like a really long time for a user to have to wait. Seems like this is going to discourage dozens upon dozens of potential users.

JohnRoberts

Staff member
Ricardus said:
I just asked him his username.
The date of his sign up attempt could help too. But no promises.
But as a passionate DIY guy, MONTHS seems like a really long time for a user to have to wait. Seems like this is going to discourage dozens upon dozens of potential users.
Right now we are wrestling with hundreds/thousands of spam posts if we don't limit/control membership. It will get better but please be patient.

Nobody wants it to be like this. The people who can fix this (Ethan), are already aware of the situation. 

JR

PRR

> 7/23 when Ethan shut it down again to stop spammers.

Private chat at another forum:
spammers
July 26, 2019, 03:51:49 pm
"I am getting a huge number of spammers trying to join the forum the last two days"
"Same over at TAG, except they are getting through."

Angie

Administrator
Admin
I know this is a bit of a dead thread but I have also been waiting for a little bit and just wanted to try and let the mods know I'm real and not a spammer, I promise!

You are a member. I just checked and you're a registered, approved, valid member.

FelixT

Thank you Angie! I realised I must be when that message of mine went through so quickly deleted in embarrassment. I will try to post the thread again that I tried to start!

Angie

Administrator
Admin
You are doing just fine. What I did checking is an easy way for me to make sure you can post. No problems at all.

FelixT

Thanks.

I just tried to re-post my original thread about an EZ1073 issue and it's awaiting approval - I assume this is just so mods can check over before it goes public?
--Edit--
All good now, cheers!

Latest posts